Quote Originally Posted by chuckybaby View Post
Looking for help to find indices for a count I am resurrecting from many years ago..comprises:

Ten vs 2-9 (tags are -2 for the tens and +1 for 2-9)

98 vs 45 (tags are -1 for 9, 8, and +1 for 4,5

Aces are counted separately as -2

The ten count is used for decisions involving dealer cards of 2 through 6

The 98/45 count is used for hit/stand decisions involving dealer cards of 7 or 8

The 98/45 count is added to the ten count for all other strategy decision except insurance.

For insurance just add the number of aces exited to the running ten count...insure when this number is greater than 4*number of decks.

All input will be greatly appreciated..for your interest, the betting is exactly as hiopt2 and the insurance is 100% accurate.
Hi Chuckybaby,

The strategy is very interesting, but I see that some indices are practically impossible to calculate. For example, when facing a 7 or 8 from the dealer,
(98/45) is used only for Hit/Stand decisions, but then HO2 is used for the rest of the plays that also involve a 7 or 8 from the dealer.
I would say it's impossible to calculate an index for DD or an index for Splitting or Surrendering by comparing the expected values of two different
strategies (98/45 vs HO2). Either all indices are calculated using 98/45 or all using HO2. Do you understand what I mean?
By the way, all these indices can be generated without any problems using the latest version of CVIndex. However, calculating a SCORE is another story.
In that case, custom software is needed.

Sincerely,
Cac