I'm not sure why you wouldn't tip me. And maybe you can reply, since the whole idea of this thread is a general tipping discussion.

If I don't get tips from counters, that's OK. We don't want your blackjack business anyway. And while we are all very keen on getting tips even though we split them so someone who tips green is putting about $1 in my pocket, I wouldn't take that $1 (or even $10) if I had to turn a blind eye to counters.

I had worked there for 9 months before I flagged a counter. It may be that I had some but I didn't make them. And I will get the counters because most of our blackjack tables deal from a CSM; I think mine is the only shoe table in our main pit. (We have a shoe in the high-limit area, which is also no mid-shoe entry, but AFAIK they don't regularly assign the most experienced dealers or floor supervisors there. We also have a shoe game in a pit that we only open on weekend nights; we've only been open for about a year and a half and I assume they hope that over time we'll get enough business to open that pit more regularly.)

IME each player has an internal "tipping profile." I have one, which unsurprisingly has become way more liberal since I started dealing. Now, I have quite a few regulars and maybe they tip me more or less than they tip other dealers, but I kinda doubt it. My table is next to a CSM table and it's not at all uncommon for them to switch tables if they're not doing well at my table. I keep my players both entertained (jokes, stories) and informed (it they attempt a non-book play I say "Are you sure?").