Thread: Maximum number of possible cards in a six deck game

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Maximum number of possible cards in a six deck game

Hey this is a question I have thought of just based upon my own curiosity. Suppose you are playing a six deck game of Black Jack. What is the maximum number of cards that you could be dealt during the game?

I have come up with the number of 13 cards, assuming the player is sitting at the table when the very first card from the six decks has been dealt.
    A,A,A,A,A,A,2,2,2,2,2,2,3 ( = 21)

It seems like this is very unlikely to happen, however if it did occur, it would still be valuable information because you would know that all possible Aces have been dealt along with low cards "2".

Anyway, maybe someone can confirm my conclusion from above.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphster View Post
    Anyway, maybe someone can confirm my conclusion from above.
    No, you can't do it your way, because, if you go in order, from left to right, you would stand once you got to A,7 or, if not, surely A,9.

You have to do it this way (supposing a dealer's 9, T, or A upcard, which would make you hit your A,7): A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,4,A,A,A,A,A. So, 14 cards! But, of course, you have to violate BS by not splitting your aces to begin with! If you play BS correctly, I think it may be only 12 cards, but I'm not certain.

Don

Hi DSchles,
    I know what you are saying. With an A,A for the first two cards I would definitely split.
    However let's suppose that your objective was not to win the game. Let's suppose that your objective were to get the most number of possible cards dealt to you (Idiotic strategy I agree). However I am just looking at this from a mathematical combination point of view. Ignoring the dealers advice, or any type of strategy I am thinking that the max number of possible cards dealt for a six deck game would be 13 right? ==> A,A,A,A,A,A,2,2,2,2,2,2,3 (Not necessarily in that order)

Hi DSchles,
    I know what you are saying. With an A,A for the first two cards I would definitely split.
    However let's suppose that your objective was not to win the game. Let's suppose that your objective were to get the most number of possible cards dealt to you (Idiotic strategy I agree). However I am just looking at this from a mathematical combination point of view. Ignoring the dealers advice, or any type of strategy I am thinking that the max number of possible cards dealt for a six deck game would be 13 right? ==> A,A,A,A,A,A,2,2,2,2,2,2,3 (Not necessarily in that order)
    Well, no. If you're going to keep hitting till you get to 21, then take my 14 cards, above, and hit four more times with aces, to get 18-card 21.

Don

Got it, thanks !!!!

Hi DSchles,
    Well, in this case you could think about splitting up to four hands a pair of 2s and then hitting up to 21 without going bust on each of the hands.

Sincerely,
    Cac