Quote Originally Posted by davethebuilder View Post
Ok, understand. You mentioned a lot of driving in your first reply but looking at the map, Toronto to Halifax is around 1700km by road so what you suggest makes sense. Direct international flights from Australian cities to Toronto are not available so at least one changeover is required. Canadians drive on the right side of the road which I am not use to but I have done it before in the US on an international drivers licence.

In some parts of the country the signage is in both English and French and when I was there most people spoke both languages. In fact, in some parts (I think around Quebec or Montreal) I found it was almost an insult if you didn't at least try to speak French so I managed to remember enough from school to at least get by but I'm not fluent.

Interesting that you mention wrestling. I used to follow several American powerlifters and also Canadian wrestler Doug Hepburn. He's dead now but was quite well known in his day.
First, link below is invaluable. You can determine distance between cities, within cities, landmarks such as building names (not in all cases), addresses. I no longer take multi city trips, but I did use this to determine best routes for blackjack trips, or driving vacations. Keep in mind that gas prices and car rental prices are high, so that should be in your budget.

https://distancecalculator.globefeed...Calculator.asp

If you can’t fly direct to Toronto, that means your sole airport of arrival is YVR (Vancouver International). If the east is your desired destination action, YVR direct to YYZ, YUL, and possibly YHZ - respectively Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.