Thread: Behind the Black Dome

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Behind the Black Dome

So I just read, “Behind the Black Dome” - a book written by a Surveillance employee. The following is based on the book - it may, or may not be true…

So Surveillance will evaluate your play based on certain tells. An AP player is usually a young (or middle aged) white male. He is unrated (by far the biggest tell) He buys in for a large amount, then makes small bets. He drinks bottled water. He plays well, and does not pause when making “unusual” (e.g . Hit A7v9) moves. He does not get happy with a blackjack, or sad when he loses and is generally aloof. He plays third base. This behavior will trigger a review - then if bets vary with the count, we have an AP.

So my takeaways-
    I can’t do anything about my gender, race, or age
    Buy in for a “small” amount (less than $500)
    Get happy when I win and sad when I lose
    Play position 5, rather than third base.
    Don’t drink bottled water. Gin and tonic, without the gin. Vodka cranberry, without the vodka. Don’t put water in your beer - they can tell if it doesn’t fizz . Or actually just drink beer!
    Pause with plays that ploppies usually get wrong. Or ask for advice, or look at a BS card.
    Insurance is another tell. So insure for less with a minimum bet, or just insure one of your two hands.

The rated part was interesting. If you get backed off, then use a friend’s card (he will love to get your points) or get a new card, but change your name slightly.

If you are playing rated, lend your card to friend so they can play the slots (or some other game) and then take them out to dinner. It will deter Surveillance from banning you, if you are a small player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    So I just read, “Behind the Black Dome” - a book written by a Surveillance employee.
    Hey Freightman - This line proves Mr Ed and aceside are two different people, as aceside doesn't read books.

Oh, and they definitely go to free blackjack forums (like this one!) So don’t use your full name, or specific details about where you play.

And the WEIRDEST thing in the book - if a player is ACTUALLY drinking heavily, he CANNOT possibly be an AP and Surveillance will just refuse to evaluate his play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    And the WEIRDEST thing in the book - if a player is ACTUALLY drinking heavily, he CANNOT possibly be an AP and Surveillance will just refuse to evaluate his play.
    Yes! Now I’ve found the reason I can give my wife.