the ace is a powerful card for the player and the 51% expected return is real. In addition to the 3/2 payoff on 20/21 hands that dont push a dealers 21, you have to determine the results for every possible hand starting with an ace in the players hand against every possible dealers up card. Play each hand out and add the results. Hard to do with a paper and pencil but simple for a computer and a program like CVData. Many studies and results have been published supporting the 51% edge - no longer a topic for debate in polite circles. A ten in hand is worth about 13% as Don noted - again not a topic for discussion. I had a ten exposed by the dealer once accidentally at the end of the round and he placed under the shoe as my first card to be dealt - no brainer table max bet despite the slight negative count.

I think its good to ask questions trying to understand the logic and reasoning behind that math. That said i would suggest that a response from someone like Don S, who can be argued is a recognized and credible source on math behind 21, should be considered accurate and would focus my attention on seeking to understand. Sometimes the follow up responses have a tone of disputing and challenging the answer as opposed to seeking to understand.

With that i will follow 21's advice and be quiet. Bring on the aces!

Cohiba