Quote Originally Posted by houyi View Post
I'm not saying what she did is a good thing; from the few times I actually met rx, I didn't even like her. I was playing in a shop I had been milking a long time and one of rx's partners sat in my game without asking. I didn't get upset and instead shared information with them. The next time I saw them in a game I sat in the game and rx whined and called me an asshole. Like I said, she's got a mercenary attitude. But just because you dislike someone or you think something they are doing is wrong for you, doesn't mean what they are doing is objectively wrong or they are objectively a bad person. People can hold a lot of personal beliefs that they don't want enforce on others. Just because her workshop will make games worse and just because this is the first time (that I know of) that someone has decided to hold a workshop about HC, doesn't mean it was an objectively immoral thing to do. It was bound to happen. HC games have been getting worse because the information is more available now. There was always going to be a point where there was more profit to be had selling the info than keeping it a loose secret. Even GWAE is starting to talk more openly about it whereas a few years ago I think they would talk about it more guarded language. I'm sure the BJ apprenticeship guys have made games overall worse, and to the best of my knowledge, they don't seem to be bashed here.
My "partner" on that trip lied about his interactions with you. I was visibly tilted but I don't remember calling you names.

You asked out loud if the side bet the dealer was mis-paying us was good and you jumped on and bet more than my BP was, which was already significant. That stuff brings heat to everyone so even if he didn't straight up lie about you, I would have been annoyed. I don't think that makes me a mercenary.