See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 8's vs 10 how costly

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

To expand just a little bit on this topic.

There are two (2) kinds of Split Hands.

Offensive Splits that increase profitability.

Defensive Splits that reduce negative e.v.

Of importance to note is that without DAS

many pairs that you may split with DAS

you will NOT split with NDAS.

RE: on defensive splits
    ~

not splitting may be reasonable.

If dealer blackjack is checked on 10:
    -Split is better in the long run (though more volatile result)l Surrender if positive TC
    If dealer blackjack has not been checked on 10:
    -Always surrender if possible, if not possible:
    -Never split 8’s. Treat as hard 16 (Hit on negative TC, stand on positive TC)
    If you do not count the cards just scan the table for 4 and 5, if many are already on the table then stand. Either play yields almost similar (undesirably large) negative returns in the long run. Although I prefer to stand more as a cover play.

VRT?? I was wondering what that stands for? You don't have to answer....I will tell you why i asked....my mother-in-laws initials are VRT. I showed my husband your name and he teared up, she passed away not that long ago. We still have her license plates which say VRT....we got to keep them since they are vanity plates. I know it's not BJ related but I had to ask.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456