See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Anyone Know How to Create TKO in CVB?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    Yes, it's great for recreational players everywhere.
    Unbalanced count is for recreational players??? I would agree with you if it is level 1 unbalanced but you forgot that there is also level 2 and level 3 unbalanced like UBZ II and BRH. So I would have to disagree.

I would also disagree for level 1 counts. To my knowledge, many professionals (including the MIT blackjack teams) claim to have used Hi-Lo, a level 1 count on a par with KO. Would you call these people recreational players?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    I would also disagree for level 1 counts. To my knowledge, many professionals (including the MIT blackjack teams) claim to have used Hi-Lo, a level 1 count on a par with KO. Would you call these people recreational players?
    Yes, but a higher level count require far more less indices to get the same SCORE. Take Hi-lo Full for example you can get the same SCORE using 26 indices in a level 2 or level 3 count even though the counts are unbalanced and you are using running count indices. Not saying level 1 counts are not good.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer
    Yes, you can use Hi-lo indices counting TKO but I don't recommend it. I would rather use original accurate risk averse True Counted KO indices. But anyways I have moved on to a level 3 count system and no longer use the KO for anything. But I have done enormous amount of study about the KO that is why I know so much about KO and True count KO.
    The best way I can describe what I’m doing in your terms is that I am essentially true counting Hi-Lo with a KO RC. Every single true count that I produce from my system is a Hi-Lo true count, not TKO. Therefore, I am correct in using Hi-Lo indices. I was not sure of this before but I am sure of it now after reading up on the subject and doing some math.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Yes, but a higher level count require far more less indices to get the same SCORE. Take Hi-lo Full for example you can get the same SCORE using 26 indices in a level 2 or level 3 count even though the counts are unbalanced and you are using running count indices. Not saying level 1 counts are not good.
    The argument that the number of indices can be lowered when using a higher level count is new to me. Is this contained in BJA3? However, the question of how many indices one should use is a "battlefield" of its own, heavily debated. I got the impression that players who prefer more complex counts also prefer more, sometimes over 100, indices in order to suck every bit out of the squeezed lemon (maximizing EV), regardless of the cost of making more errors, which cannot be computed as exactly in simulations.

I personally stick to simplicity and the law of diminishing returns (e.g. using at most 10 to 20 indexes, also advertised by Color of Blackjack or REKO, similar to Illustrious 18 and Fab 4). Should I feel the need for more (e.g. negative) index plays, I could easily add them later. Btw. not only the number of indices seems often overrated, but also their exact values. This is the reason for REKO having decent power despite using only one threshold for indices.
    Last edited by PinkChip; 09-04-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Unbalanced count is for recreational players??? I would agree with you if it is level 1 unbalanced but you forgot that there is also level 2 and level 3 unbalanced like UBZ II and BRH. So I would have to disagree.
    Fair. Not all unbalanced counts are level 1 (or created equal). Obviously UBZII and BRH have excellent applications.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    I don't think you understand what those teams did, or if you do, you're willfully misrepresenting how much of a part the count played.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    I’m pretty sure you are able to but I have not found that feature yet. I really just need to find someone familiar with the software as I’m a monkey when it comes to this stuff. More importantly at the moment though is that I’m not exactly sure that my indices are accurate. Do you know if it’s okay to use indices like the I18 and F4 on true counts produced by TKO?
    12vs2 (+4) and 16vs9 (+7) are different.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    The best way I can describe what I’m doing in your terms is that I am essentially true counting Hi-Lo with a KO RC. Every single true count that I produce from my system is a Hi-Lo true count, not TKO. Therefore, I am correct in using Hi-Lo indices. I was not sure of this before but I am sure of it now after reading up on the subject and doing some math.
    I am not stupid I know what you are doing. I still don't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer
    I am not stupid I know what you are doing. I still don't recommend it.
    I’m not saying that you are stupid. I just didn’t get the feeling that you understood what I was doing. The only real set back is that I am not using any counts above 4 in my betting ramp as it complicates the system to use TC’s above the pivot. I am rounding indices for the same reason.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I’m opening this thread back up briefly because I have one more question. I am now curious as to how TKO can be implemented into CV Blackjack on PC. Mainly, how it is calculated. I’ve decided to buy CVCX/CVDATA but skip on CVBlackjack because I doesn’t look like it can utilize TKO but I want to be sure before I buy the package because it would be discounted if I bought it with the others.

My main questions are:

1. Can CVBlackjack be used in accordance with TKO?

And if the answer is yes...

2. What are the different equations or ways the software converts the KO running count into a true count?

Thanks guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123