Thread: Question from a beginner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I dont agree , if you can wong in/out any time ,you can beat the game for sure . The main probem is how long will you be able to do that ,which s the more important factor here. Another very important point is can you cover your expense and still build a bankroll with such a low hourly win rate?

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    I dont agree , if you can wong in/out any time ,you can beat the game for sure . The main probem is how long will you be able to do that ,which s the more important factor here. Another very important point is can you cover your expense and still build a bankroll with such a low hourly win rate?
    Constrained by bankroll considerations as is the OP, and assuming he will not take a Hail Mary approach, he will if lucky, make 10 Wong in bets per hour, etc etc etc, further assuming the typical house with 2 min tables, usually full, which further reduces his maybe 10 bets per hour down to, let’s say 5, constrained by his lack of experience and table savvy, I think comic book reimbursement is a reasonable hypothesis.

His no surrounding comment was supposed to be no surrender, coupled by a bitty cut. He might see a max bet every 10 hours or so.........maybe. He has no wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Constrained by bankroll considerations as is the OP, and assuming he will not take a Hail Mary approach, he will if lucky, make 10 Wong in bets per hour, etc etc etc, further assuming the typical house with 2 min tables, usually full, which further reduces his maybe 10 bets per hour down to, let’s say 5, constrained by his lack of experience and table savvy, I think comic book reimbursement is a reasonable hypothesis.

His no surrounding comment was supposed to be no surrender, coupled by a bitty cut. He might see a max bet every 10 hours or so.........maybe. He has no wiggle room.
    Since I’m waiting for car to be serviced, and have nothing better to do, back of the envelope off the top of my head, ENHC rules with h17 and no surrender probably has a house edge of .7. This means close to true 2 fir break even play, assuming he knows what he’s doing.

Full table at 50 hands per hour yielding let’s say 5 hands per hour at true 3, and let’s be generous at an approx full Kelly bet of if $50, yielding action of $250 per hour at 1/2 of 1%, yields about $1.25 per hour. A; hour or 2 if plsy buys a comic book.

And that’s with a heavy ROR and not accounting for variance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    no surrender, coupled by a bitty cut. He might see a max bet every 10 hours or so.........maybe. He has no wiggle room.
    i dont think so... hey freighty ! lol...