E470 uses ExpressToll. There is also a road called C470 (Note the letter difference) which is free. E470 stretches from the Airport to I25, and then it turns into C470 (Free to drive on) (E470 actually goes further north than that, but you'd have no reason to use it)
If you were driving in from the east, you would take I70W to E470W, E470W to C470W (It's a seamless change, no getting off the road, but the speed limit drops down by 10MPH), and C470 to I70W, and take that all the way to Blackhawk.

Or, you could save the money and just stay in I70W the whole time, it really isn't that big of a delay, traffic isn't too bad in Denver to be honest.
If you're coming from the airport, you can also take Pena Blvd to I70, and avoid E470, it only adds several minutes to your drive.

For what it's worth, here is the ExpressToll website. https://www.expresstoll.com/TollRates The rates are fairly reasonable. I've driven half of E470 (and back), and only paid around $15. Your rental car company would add the charge to your credit card.

Regarding taking a train: From the airport, you would take the light rail all the way to Union Station, and from Union Station you would take whatever line you wanted to the nearest bus/shuttle station. I don't know how the busses and shuttles work to Blackhawk, but I see them frequently.

You mentioned that the train drops you off in the middle of nowhere...If you're being dropped off at the Jefferson County Government Center Station, I wouldn't worry. The Colorado State Patrol has a large office right near that, and that whole area is pretty crime-free. If you're being dropped off at Union Station, you're in a very large building and terminal to get on the busses, with both RTD Police and Denver PD police patrolling.

If you have any questions, let me know.