See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Player Banked games.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    BankerCA, Kind of off topic but what is your experience counting in card rooms? Is there heat, are there backoffs, is it case-by-case basis? Etc. Yes I know most are 6:5 but the key word here is “most”.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetn1s View Post
    BankerCA, Kind of off topic but what is your experience counting in card rooms? Is there heat, are there backoffs, is it case-by-case basis? Etc.
    Heat and backoffs are very rare in a cardroom. You must keep in mind since you are not playing against the "house", the outcome of the game is not much of a concern to them. They understand that the blackjack game they offer is hard to beat without a significant bankroll. I have never seen a player even attempt to count these games. The only motivation for a back off would be pressure from their banking corporation. In addition to the collection, the card rooms have very lucrative contracts with the third party banking group to cover action when no players elect to hold the bank, which is virtually always.

Another forum member who was on Gambling With An Edge talks about his experience counting in a card room. If I recall correctly his top bet was 2x$5000 and they welcomed his action, as they think its unbeatable or not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetn1s View Post
    Yes I know most are 6:5 but the key word here is “most”.
    Every Card Room in the State that I am aware of is 6:5. They have to have a high edge game in order to cover the collection rake per round and enough EV in it to make it feasible for the banking corporation.
    Last edited by BankerCA; 05-09-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Banker, do card rooms use CSM's to shuffle blackjack games or are they hand-shuffled?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyBJplayer View Post
    I will search online for Gambling With an Edge, but as a Californian, born and bred, $5,000 sounds like hyperbole. I am thinking $500.
    It is 5k. Its a member here that had a 7 figure bankroll. Most Card rooms have a $500 max. There are card rooms in the Los Angeles area that have $5,000 max bets.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bornot2B View Post
    Banker, do card rooms use CSM's to shuffle blackjack games or are they hand-shuffled?
    For the sake of this discussion ASM (Automatic Shuffle machine) shuffles the deck not currently in play vs. CSM (Continuous Shuffle machine) Combination automatic shuffler and dealing shoe.

They have 2 decks they rotate. The cards are dealt from a shoe. When the shoe deck is complete they take the freshly shuffled deck from the ASM and place it in the shoe, then the other deck gets shuffled by the ASM while the current round is being played.

Quote Originally Posted by BankerCA View Post
    Another forum member who was on Gambling With An Edge talks about his experience counting in a card room.
    If I recall correctly his top bet was 2x$5000 and they welcomed his action, as they think its unbeatable or not worth your time.
    x
    I will search online for Gambling With an Edge, but as a Californian, born and bred, $5,000 sounds like hyperbole. I am thinking $500.