See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Adding AA78mTc side count to High Low

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You are correct. Using AA89mTc with the KO, besides giving a prefect insurance decision, it also greatly improves hit/stand hard 12 v 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 with a CC increase over the KO of 20% to 30%. A huge increase in power. Below crc(t) critical running count of true count of "t". crc(t) = 4*n + (t-4)*dr where n = number of decks and dr = decks remaining. I have created a table of critical running counts for the KO which I)s very easy to memorize because of patterns in the table. The table of critical running counts depends on number of decks, decks played and KO true count and give the corresponding KO running count. the formulas used to make the table of critical running counts is t = (KO - 4*dp) / dr = 4 * (KO - 4*n)/dr where t = KO true count, dp = decks played, dr = decks remaining and n = number of decks.

hard 12 v 2 stand if KO + AA89mTc >= crc(4)
    hard 12 v 3 stand if KO + AA89mTc >= crc(2)
    hard 12 v 4 stand if KO + AA89mTc >= crc(0)
    hard 12 v 5 stand if KO + AA89mTc >= crc(-2)
    hard 12 v 6 stand if KO + AA89mTc >= crc(-1)

So I hope the above explanation answers your question in more detail.

Actually I use KO + k*(AA89mTc) for many different playing strategy decisions. Using k = 1 gives a special case of KO + k*(AA89mTc) which is KO + AA89mTc = Ten count (Tc). But you chose the values of k that maximizes the absolute value of the CC between then EoR and the tag values of the derived count and then use LSL to calculated AACpTCp which is then used with full deck house advantage for the given strategy change to calculate the infinite deck index for the given situation. As the CC increases, the indices for any given number of decks converge to the index for the infinite deck case which is what I analyzed. So I only gave you are very, very brief introduction using only k = 1 for insurance and hard 12 v 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. My preference for the shoe game is KO with AA89mTc but I included HL with AA78mTc because many counters I meet do not want to switch to the unbalanced KO and want to stick with the HL. So attached is one of my spreadsheets for the sample calculations for doubling hard 9 against dealer's up card of 2 using Hi Opt 2 with side count of eights, HL with AA78mTc and KO with AA89mTc. Using plus minus side counts is easier than keeping side count of 8's and is more accurate as it is exact where 8 deficiency or excess is estimated and also both HL and KO are very easy level one count compared to the more complicated Hi Opt 2 level 2 count.

So I have an entire table of adjustments for both HL + k*(AA78mTc) and KO + k*(AA89mTc). I just used insurance and hit/stand hard 12 v 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 as those were the most important and easiest to use. Review attached PDF and you will see what I am talking about.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 12-22-2018 at 10:25 AM.