Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
Lets assume one plays blackjack for a living and has a $100,000 win goal each year. Lets also assume this is the high end of what you will normally make in a year. Most of the time you will come in under this goal like maybe $85,000 to $90,000. However, assume this year you are having a great year and by the end of October you have blown through your $100,000 win goal. Do you take the rest of the year off and enjoy family or do you continue to plug away?
https://www.legitgamblingsites.com/b...rofessionally/
First, a very good article.

Second, I am all for taking a vacation, refreshing yourself. I would encourage the idea, particularly if you can thank and get support from your loved ones for your career.

The article was very good for me because I play the exact spread used in the calculations and I have attained the same results of $45 an hour last year and this year. However, as local options have closed, I am still struggling with how to keep travel expenses down and find optimal trip formulas.

Given those stakes, a 25 hour playing trip gets 25 x $45 or $$1125 but a 3 day Las Vegas where I play 25 hours costs me $500 (if rooms comped), $650 otherwise. Exploring other less expensive options closer to the Midwest.