When I am practicing/training, I go with the very exact in great detail, and it ends up becoming very automatic at the tables. Don hit it with calculate as exact as you can and floor it from there. Something I must point out that I see no one's brought up that comes to mind when I saw the example RC+17 @2.25 decks remaining... There's no need to calculate anything at all there. At a glance you can see that you are placing a max bet, what's to calculate?

Once the RC/TC becomes negative, all counts behave the same, you are placing a minimum bet. Once the TC becomes around +5 or greater, all counts behave the same and you are putting a max bet out there. If you use several different counts in a side by side in comparison, you will notice where it all varies in terms of units wagered is between TC+2 and TC+5. I did an interesting experiment with this, slowly and meticulously using several methods simultaneously, noting the results and comparing just how far off from one another they can get, how many units were going out using the same bet spread. If one method estimates TC+2 and the other estimates TC+4, very different wagers are placed, but if one method estimates TC+7 and the other TC+9, either method is placing whatever their max bet is.