See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let’s talk about something else - like bet cover!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I tried the max bet off the top and keep it out until it loses once. Two shoes later I finally lost a hand. That was the most awkward, large win I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I tried the max bet off the top and keep it out until it loses once. Two shoes later I finally lost a hand. That was the most awkward, large win I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That's a beautiful story. Nothing awkward about that win

It occured to me as well a few times.
    Last edited by ferenc11; 01-28-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    The correct word is utopia, not awkward! That is the absolute best cover you can get. Flat betting a large amount and killing them. Blessed variance is the other side of damned variance.

Good job!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Opening with multiple units works very well, be mindful that it works best on GOOD games e.g. low house pitch games. You can open with a 2 unit bet, your total spread may be 1-4 or 1-6 etc. The count may jump up quickly and you will be at max bet with far less of a bet jump, and your spreads looks much smaller. When done properly, your bet movements are small and scarce enough to where you may not even look like you are counting. Also be mindful of when you are at the cusp of a TC change, whichever bet you choose isn't a huge deal so you can choose the one which "looks" better. Keep in mind you bankroll, if you are playing with next to zero risk of ruin, if the games are good enough you can probably be at the point where you can afford to bet more at lower positive counts, i.e. assuming more variance and increasing EV. There have been several spots where i got a monster shoe, max bet the entire thing winning each hand and towards the end the shoe... the TC, while still positive was under the max bet TC. I just kept betting max as there was only a few hands left. This looks more natural that winning a ton of max bets and for apparently no reason backing bets off, ploppies don't lower their bets on a "heater." Long term you take on a bit more variance but your EV is unchanged or even increased.

"Woohoo, 4 wins in a row. Back to minimum bet."

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thanks Stealth.
    Just read Dynamic Blackjack
    I hadn't read or heard about some of his ideas.
    Excellent resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    PM for how to find book.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Red Green; 01-28-2018 at 09:02 PM. Reason: remove email

Banned or Suspended

Did somebody say "Dynamic Betting?"
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 02-05-2018 at 05:59 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123