See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "You can depend on Americans to do the right thing -- when they have exhausted every other possibility."

Unknown - incorrectly ascribed to Churchill.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    America is the only country where a significant proportion of the population believes that professional wrestling is real
    but the moon landing was faked.

David Letterman

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    "You can depend on Americans to do the right thing -- when they have exhausted every other possibility."

Unknown - incorrectly ascribed to Churchill.
    Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    America is the only country where a significant proportion of the population believes that professional wrestling is real
    but the moon landing was faked.

David Letterman
    Love both of these!!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    War is the continuation of politics by other means. Carl von Clausewitz
    Love this one too!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Back in my day no wrestler wanted to get in the ring with either Chief Jay Strongbow, or George the animal Steel and piss them off. It could not get any more real than their matches.

"HODL" -Some drunk dude

For those who don't know, some likely drunk guy made a post about bitcoin some years(?) ago saying he was going to hodl (sic) a bunch of BTC even though it was going down at the time and people were saying sell, sell, sell!! He meant "hold", of course. It's also become a backronym meaning "Hold On for Dear Life".

The advice isn't just good for investing (when you believe to have an advantageous situation), but can be similarly applied to AP, where there are many ups and downs. Instead of "cashing out" and quitting amidst a down swing, you hold on for dear life and keep chugging along.

For those who don't follow it, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have crashed anywhere from 15-50%+ in the last ~24-36 hours.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Actually, William James Myers, a/k/a George "The Animal" Steele, was a teacher, and both a high school wrestling football coach, who had earned a master's degree in education

D'Lo Brown was/is a CPA.

Scott "Raven" Levy is a Mensa Member.

Wade Barrett is a college educated, marine biologist.

Glen "Kane" Jacobs graduated with a degree in English literature.

Xavier Woods has his doctorate in Educational psychology.

David Otunga earned his law degree from Harvard University Law School.

So there have been many "smart" wrestlers throughout the WWWF and WWE anthology.

Raymond "Bobby" Heenan, on the other hand, may have been smart (we'll never truly know), but he had to drop out of grade school to support his family.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Actually, William James Myers, a/k/a George "The Animal" Steele, was a teacher, and both a high school wrestling football coach, who had earned a master's degree in education

D'Lo Brown was/is a CPA.

Scott "Raven" Levy is a Mensa Member.

Wade Barrett is a college educated, marine biologist.

Glen "Kane" Jacobs graduated with a degree in English literature.

Xavier Woods has his doctorate in Educational psychology.

David Otunga earned his law degree from Harvard University Law School.

So there have been many "smart" wrestlers throughout the WWWF and WWE anthology.

Raymond "Bobby" Heenan, on the other hand, may have been smart (we'll never truly know), but he had to drop out of grade school to support his family.

The wrestling profession is considered just as legitimate, and trustworthy as the American Bar Association, right up their with Car Salesmen, and Stockbrokers, and people that run internet web sites.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    are you trying to imply that professional wrestling is not real?

You must be joking

would you be willing to get body slammed by stone cold steve austin?

I don't think so

not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AARGH, I don't know what got into me.
    Of course I didn't mean to imply that the entertainment value wasn't real.
    You're right, I wouldn't be willing to get body slammed by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    The wrestling profession is considered just as legitimate, and trustworthy as the American Bar Association, right up their with Car Salesmen, and Stockbrokers, and people that run internet web sites.
    As a licensed, practicing attorney, let me thank you for those kind words. Were I a professional wrestler, I would likely take great offense to your lumping me in with car salespersons and lawyers. But, at least you didn’t include insurance executives, clergy and politicians!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Blog Entries

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."

- Ernest Hemingway
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Fun Fact:

Earth's Total Volume, is 71% Water, but yet only makes up for less than .02 % of the Total Mass...
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Fun Fact:

Earth's Total Volume, is 71% Water, but yet only makes up for less than .02 % of the Total Mass...
    Your comparing apples to oranges. Water is mostly surface area compared to spherical volume.

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast