See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Two players, two systems.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I noticed that. What do you do with those percentages and how do they affect your shuffle tracking?
    You guys should discuss off the board.

I noticed that. What do you do with those percentages and how do they affect your shuffle tracking?
    You use those percentage to estimate your advantage and you marriage those percentage from the count to estimate the flat value and chop value for each of these slug sizes, assuming that each slug is married to a slug of the same size as itself. You must not have read the Shuffle Tracking Cookbook I got those values from there. How did you learn how to shuffle track then?

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    You use those percentage to estimate your advantage and you marriage those percentage from the count to estimate the flat value and chop value for each of these slug sizes, assuming that each slug is married to a slug of the same size as itself. You must not have read the Shuffle Tracking Cookbook I got those values from there. How did you learn how to shuffle track then?
    I haven't read it yet. I want to and still need to get a copy. As I said a few pages back, I don't use as advanced shuffle tracking techniques as you do. What I know I've learned from reading Arnold Snyder's Blackbelt in Blackjack, possibly his website, and some discussions over coffee with a friend. I have more to learn and will in time.

some discussions over coffee with a friend.
    If you know someone that does Ace sequencing I would like to learn. I know the Blackjack Hall of Fame know them like Arnold and Al Francesco but have never met them.

It seem like you didn't account the Aces for Hi-OPT I and Hi-OPT 2.
    Because RC in HiOpt1 and HiOpt2 doesn't have any information on aces. If you want that information, you have to side count ace. That is the point of the three examples.-- You don't know ACES!

Banned or Suspended

" ... Ace sequencing I would like to learn."
    Contact me.

I think my original post was about two players teaming up at one table and using two systems to their mutual benefit...

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Contact me.
    email sent

If you know someone that does Ace sequencing I would like to learn. I know the Blackjack Hall of Fame know them like Arnold and Al Francesco but have never met them.
    The BJ HoF always amuses me because it is full of counters that got a name because they got caught too often and they were outed having their career practically ruined as a counter. The best don't get caught and are unknown. The true art of CC these days is being able allowed to play and welcomed back with open arms, the red carpet treatment. And knowing just how to walk the line so that doesn't change.

I get the HoF'ers that got there for their contribution to being an AP but question putting people in that basically ruined the game by outing sensitive information for fame or personal gain. But that is just me and seeing that being a hall of fame at a covert activity means being the best at keeping secrets and going undetected.

Blog Entries

That generalization isn't really valid.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    It isn't easy to develop this skill which is why most use a simple count for ST. Those with enough skill and drive can do this. They are quite uncommon individuals though. The way to get your best advantage is to track the aces and size your bet by what slug it gets married into. Usually the chore of tracking the ace and tracking the high and low count slugs are done by different people but they can be done by one person. People are too lazy in general to develop even a small portion of their mental potential. It is like in physics where if you throw a ball against the wall enough times it will eventually break through it. Most people will stop throwing the ball against the wall after enough tries but once the wall finally starts to give it crumbles quickly compared to how long throwing the ball through the wall seemed like an impossible task. The ones that will be able to throw the ball through the wall believe that if they throw it enough times it will eventually go through the wall despite all evidence to the contrary. You may go months with no apparent improvement on that mental task at all but once you see even a glimmer of improvement perfection comes in just days of practice.
    Wait let me understand this. Lets put this in numbers so that I understand. Hi-opt 1 side count the aces using the ace adjustment method. If the deck is Ace rich we mentally add +1 for every ace that is Ace that the deck is rich, and subtract 1 for every ace that the deck is poor. Lets say the running count using Hi-opt 1 is 4D in a four deck game and two deck remain to be played. Since only 4 aces have been used in two decks instead of eight expected, the deck is ace-rich by 4 aces. In Hi-opt 1 we will make mental adjustment we add the 4 extra Aces and get an adjusted running count of +8. If you simply just connect the aces with the running count than you will not get the correct count. In this case if you were to incorporate the count together you would get running count of +8 but what if it is a deficit of aces than the running count would change. This is what affect actually determining the advantage of slugs.

In that same example the using Hi-lo the running count would be 0 instead of +8 because hi-lo count the aces as -1. So the remaining decks will equal high and low cards. Using Hi-opt 1 the information would be opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That generalization isn't really valid.
    Generalizations in general are not always valid -- even this one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345