See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Blogging about AP experience? ...good or bad idea?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blogging about AP experience? ...good or bad idea?

What's your opinion?

Was thinking it'd be fun to chronicle (blog) my story as an anonymous AP, from total beginner to wherever it may lead....
    If nothing else, perhaps it could serve as an encouragement or bump start for future counters who are curious and considering the craft.

This might be a left field thought, and maybe even laughable, but do you think this type of DIGITAL TRAIL is unwise, in terms of any investigators linking me to counting? Honestly, I don't know the realities of what they can track through IP adrs, etc. or if they would even go to such lengths ?

I'm just wondering if any of you think it could lead to a shorter run as an AP -- or if that's kinda absurd
    Wanted to think it thru thoroughly before actually proceding.

Thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I've got an AP-oriented blog. Would like you like to write some guest posts?
    The Cash Cow.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I absolutely think it would shorten your run as an AP if you're blogging about your experiences, especially if you do it in real-time or near real-time.

Best thing I can think of is to write in real time like you normally would, but delay posting the blog entries by quite some time.

Not sure what kinda stuff would be interesting for people to read about someone else's experiences that'd get lots of readers (I imagine that's one of the goals of blogging, yes?). If that's the case, probably better off just making up stuff and glorifying actual experiences and adding on a lot of extra stuff that didn't happen, or making it seem more interesting than it is.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It seems that many people are doing this sort of thing right now. What advice I can give is both a suggestion and a request: don't get too technical into how exactly you make your advantage plays. If you do, you shorten the opportunities for everyone, and being an AP is hard enough. Not only that, but people are going to respond to your blog by the storytelling, by how vividly you can paint the picture of what you are doing and by how you are able to describe things in such a way that the reader can experience them through you. I'd recommend checking out a poker blog I used to follow: "Another kid, another dream" on 2+2. The author would discuss poker hands and his thought processes, but what made the blog successful was his natural talent for drawing you in and for his candor in explaining his emotional state and hopes at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    I've got an AP-oriented blog. Would like you like to write some guest posts?
    As a professional writer, that would be a really fun offshoot for me, but I might need some content guidance from you so that I don't muck up your site with nOObie nonsense

Keep in mind I'm an ABSOLUTE beginner, only 1 month in, just plugging away at endless drills and trying to track my progress, etc.
    We're talking I'm starting from ground ZERO.... but I'm disciplined and working hard at it every day.

If you think my meager contributions may offer any tangible benefit to your readers, let's chat more.
    If not (because of my lack of experience) I won't be butt hurt, lol....
    Last edited by graceunderpressure; 12-13-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Whatever you want to write about, as long as it's good. Those are my guidelines.
    The Cash Cow.