Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else having trouble subscribing?

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    These are phishing scams trying to make you give up your password. I get several a month.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    These are phishing scams trying to make you give up your password. I get several a month.
    I realize most of those messages people receive are phishing messages. This was not.
    You don't score, until you SCORE!

Blog Entries

The PayPal consumer phone number is 1-888-215-5506. Call them and ask why. But, it sounds like you are following a false link to PayPal.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The PayPal consumer phone number is 1-888-215-5506. Call them and ask why. But, it sounds like you are following a false link to PayPal.
    Yep, I've already called and they are closed due to the 4th (limitation team). I'll call them first thing in the morning.

Important notice: that message I posted is presented to me when I directly navigate to be PayPal site. I have not and don't click on any links contained within those types of emails. I have gotten the message upon login from numerous devices, as well as prevented from making any account changes, and even attempted to load money to my account from a confirmed bank. PayPal stopped me until the limitation is lifted.

Blog Entries

Astounds me that major financial institutions don't answer their phones in off hours, which is most of the time.

BJO,

Received same message other day for my personal (have a business card from which I actually transfer funds to bank account) PayPal account. Knew it was a phishing attempt, since I have not used that account for nearly 9 months.

Just make sure you don't reply to email.

Received other phishing emails last week from both Chase and Wells Fargo about my bank account. Funny thing, don't and have never had a banking nor a credit card account with either. Obviously, I deleted those emails.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    BJO,

Received same message other day for my personal (have a business card from which I actually transfer funds to bank account) PayPal account. Knew it was a phishing attempt, since I have not used that account for nearly 9 months.

Just make sure you don't reply to email.

Received other phishing emails last week from both Chase and Wells Fargo about my bank account. Funny thing, don't and have never had a banking nor a credit card account with either. Obviously, I deleted those emails.
    Appreciate the feedback. I can confirm this was not a phishing message, as I always delete these types of emails. However, it had a 'legitimate' feel and structure, so I directly navigated to paypal's site on multiple devices to inquire. I was met with multiple messages after logging in, showing the same message. I could also no longer add funds, change information, etc. unfortunately, this is a legitimate account limitation. Lets hope they quickly resolve it and I don't end up in PayPal customer service hell.

Was there many years ago, and it took a couple calls to executive customer support to get anything fixed.

Will advise in the morning.

Couple more screenshots after I login to my paypal account:
    paypal login image2.jpgpaypal login image3.jpg

Please do. I'm curious about what's going on.

Particularly interested in fraud accusation that they can't ever tell you anything else about and what you could do to appeal to them (nothing, I'm thinking)

Update: PayPal account restored. The issue was not related to my reoccurring payments to this site. Someone created a paypal account using my name on a different e-mail domain, and populated it with similar personal information. This caused paypal to link the accounts, and since having more than 1 account is against their user agreement, their automated system shut both of them down. This is slightly concerning, but given the amount of information publicly available, not surprising.

Glad my access is restored.

Damn, I still can't make a payment.

Blog Entries

Call me and I will walk you through it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12