See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double Down card face down

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

This must be a facetious sarcastic statement, as results from the
    (diminishing) rest of his life, would be statistically insignificant.

Note for neophytes:

Doubling 11 vs. Ace is NOT a Basic Strategist's play with S17.

Not sure it would be insignificant. 11 v 10 happens often. Also, thanks for the note, and yeah I knew this. But if he's refusing 11 v 10 in higher counts is that not a pretty significant edge? And I'm assuming he plays often as he's retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

This must be a facetious sarcastic statement, as results from the
    (diminishing) rest of his life, would be statistically insignificant.

Note for neophytes:

Doubling 11 vs. Ace is NOT a Basic Strategist's play with S17.

Your point is well-made and taken though. I should have said double all 11s v 10 at TC 0 in H17 an TC1 on S17, basically double when you are positive and track your results. I'm pretty sure after a week he'd have a statistically significant edge to report. It would probably be too much to remember though , which is why I suggested he flat bet while doing it. I was not being facetious.

True story: I was playing in Missouri and I was sitting at first base with one other player at third. The dealer would always deal the double down card face down. I never commented on it. The guy at third base, , kept asking to see my face down card. The dealer would show him and not me. Again, I never commented either way Next thing you know they tell him he has been flat bet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Never bother to ask ,don't show any interest . I am there to profit not to pass/show knowledge and in turn put my profit down the drain. I do not bother debating ,reasoning with dealers ,pit,ploppies with anything about the game. if it is a shitty condition ,i just say goodbye . i must admit sometimes it is hard to do .

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    "if he's refusing 11 v 10 in higher counts is that not a pretty significant edge?
    And I'm assuming he plays often as he's retired."
    It is a HUGELY significant error; and he plays often,
    as he is an implied / admitted pathological gambler.

I think he was saying another player commented he never doubled 10 V 11.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    I wouldn't even bother, Villiam... In attempt to not derail this tread too much, I'll make this my last comment on the matter. Zee has been offered guidance by many experienced APs for years and still has not shown any effort to improve his game, which is completely fine! His lack of effort has absolutely no affect on me or anyone else. My irritation stems from his ridiculous comments/advice towards newer or inexperienced posters. Newer members might look at these posts and think that Zee's logic is sound common knowledge, which isn't the case majority of the time.

As for the OP: I agree with your comments. One unseen card shouldn't make much of a difference. Especially since that card will eventually be seen by the end of the round. If you persist to see the card and argue with the dealer, it's only going to look suspicious. Having the card dealt face down is pretty common. I see it a lot in the Midwest as well as other parts of the country too.
    Cut the crap. I never said a ploppy requests a face down double down card to piss an AP off. I might do it to piss off an AP who tries to get in on the table I am playing at.

the OP asked why anyone would ask for a face down DD card and I offered my opinion. You must have had a bad day so you have to take it out on my post.

Who is a troll? The guy who responds directly to an OP's question or one who posts stuff that has nothing to do with the OP's question, who tries to smear me for stating an opinion. If I am a troll, you are an AP who is having difficulties masturbating so you try to f$&@ someone on an online forum.

you think Norm needs advice from you to ban me or something?

Aw, man. Zee, I want you to keep in mind that most on here are either trying to help or are not trying to tear everything you say down. I'm sorry if I misread what you said but I just responded that whoever refuses to double 11 v 10 is losing money quickly and long term even more.
    But beyond that, just let the people who feel the need to personally attack out of some weird to loyalty to all things AP or whatever lie. I didn't really agree with your point. That said, that could honestly be to some extent that I haven't had experience with it. I just assume ignorance before malice usually with the ploppies. As far as AP vs AP, I kind of don't believe in that, although I know others have talked extensively about what tactics of disruption they employ in those situations to "own the table". So anyway, you always have something however slight to offer and just don't worry about the personal attacks because they don't matter. In fact, the last one someone made on you, you were defended by a veteran on multiple points you made even though he doesn't typically defend you. So just remember that. Keep the people that care close and listen and learn.. Keep the buggers off your back (mind).

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Take it easy See. You need a Villiam?
    #12?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    from Ryemo.."In attempt to not derail this tread too much, I'll make this my last comment on the matter. Zee has been offered guidance by many experienced APs for years and still has not shown any effort to improve his game, which is completely fine! His lack of effort has absolutely no affect on me or anyone else. My irritation stems from his ridiculous comments/advice towards newer or inexperienced posters. Newer members might look at these posts and think that Zee's logic is sound common knowledge, which isn't the case majority of the time."

Why the hell are you posting about me on a thread and at the same time saying you do not want to derail the thread? Is there a thread somewhere asking about my progress as an AP and you find the need to explain me?

What Zee's logic is sound common knowledge but is not the case majority of the time? No specifics?

Ryemo, if you want to start a thread about Zee, please have the courage to do so but don't be a coward, make accusations on a thread that has nothing to do with Zee, using innuendos and avoiding specfcs? Are you an addict getting defensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    The fact is that one card will only occasionally make a difference for index play decisions.
    If that card makes a difference in an index play the play is a coin flip with little to no difference in EV. You might as well just use basic strategy on those decisions. The cost is minimal and deviations from BS can generate heat. I doubt that one play will but in aggregate in sweaty places deviations are part of a checklist to spot AP's.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    the OP asked why anyone would ask for a face down DD card and I offered my opinion
    Cool. Here's my mine; your opion sucked.

You must have had a bad day so you have to take it out on my post
    My day was actually ok.

If I am a troll, you are an AP who is having difficulties masturbating so you try to f$&@ someone on an online forum
    Not sure how to respond to this. So I won't. But I will say that it made me lol. Thanks

you think Norm needs advice from you to ban me or something?
    Never said anything like that. Didn't even suggest it.

What Zee's logic is sound common knowledge but is not the case majority of the time? No specifics?
    Had a hard time understanding this question... but my comment was in response to the fact that you still fail to follow basic strategy:
    I never double against a ten
    : Is that specific enough?

Are you an addict getting defensive?
    No. Far from it. Do I sound like I'm getting defensive? Only one of us is getting deffensive. I'll give you a hint... it isn't me.

Why the hell are you posting about me on a thread and at the same time saying you do not want to derail the thread?
    Because you made a post that I don't agree with/understand. After all this time, you still fail to follow through with basic strategy and you think a reason to request the double down dealt face down is to piss of other AP's...

I might do it to piss off an AP who tries to get in on the table I am playing at
    How often are you at the table with other AP's? How many of them do you piss off (not including the forums)? How does this apply to what the OP was asking? If I had to guess, I bet you request the double down card to be dealt down. Just a guess though.

Hope this answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    How often are you at the table with other AP's? How many of them do you piss off (not including the forums)? How does this apply to what the OP was asking? If I had to guess, I bet you request the double down card to be dealt down. Just a guess though.
    AP's play at his table a lot because he does a lot of ploppy stuff so they don't think he could possibly be an AP. Not doubling 11vT is a prime example of a move that only dummies that don't even know BS would do. Just think of how many more things he refuses to do right even though he knows better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast