See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BJA3 ready for pre-orders!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This was the post I made in the White Rabbit thread:

The book is now being sold by Huntington Press, and they will handle future reprints. I'm sorry for the confusion, as we are in a transition period. Amazon is selling the book for almost double the cover price of $29.99, which is stupid. I will get this straightened out, and have already written to Anthony Curtis for clarification of what is going on right now.

Don

For the time being, you might try here:

http://bj21.com/ads/bj_attack_third_edition/ad.html

Don

Good news. Go here: http://www.shoplva.com/products/blac...tion-softcover

Note the deeply discounted price, direct from the publisher!

Don

Thanks Don. I have 2 copies of your book so I was just asking for the people that don't have a copy. They should not have to pay what Amazon was asking and knew you could straighten things out for them. Your book is such a must own that it should always have enough demand to keep the presses printing what is needed to keep it in stock.

I am getting the following message when I click the url.
    RGE PUBLISHING IS CLOSED

Thanks for reviving this thread T3 (thanks to Don as well for responding). I just ordered. Including shipping at both websites, I probably saved 50%.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Your welcome. I saw the the expensive Amazon link on the other thread and knew there were probably better options and Don would likely tell us what they were. I have 2 copies already so I did it for the benefit of the forum members who still need to acquire this must have book. It is by far my most referenced book I have. I bought a second one because I couldn't find the one I had and felt naked. LoL

I knew it would turn up, which it did, but now I have a spare if it happens again. It is the only book that I own a backup copy. That should tell everyone just how important it is. Before new software is written my friend always checks Don's reference material to make sure that we get it right. A lot of my unique techniques extend from Don's and those he references groundwork. The main thing is when you reference Don's work you know he has it right. There are lots of info on the net available by a simple google search and much of the info is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Your welcome. I saw the the expensive Amazon link on the other thread and knew there were probably better options and Don would likely tell us what they were. I have 2 copies already so I did it for the benefit of the forum members who still need to acquire this must have book. It is by far my most referenced book I have. I bought a second one because I couldn't find the one I had and felt naked. LoL

I knew it would turn up, which it did, but now I have a spare if it happens again. It is the only book that I own a backup copy. That should tell everyone just how important it is. Before new software is written my friend always checks Don's reference material to make sure that we get it right. A lot of my unique techniques extend from Don's and those he references groundwork. The main thing is when you reference Don's work you know he has it right. There are lots of info on the net available by a simple google search and much of the info is wrong.
    Are there any other books you would recommend as a good reference manual for studying new approaches/opportunities? I know CAA is often mentioned but it's not the most available text.

I just placed my order. Thanks for letting us know about the discounted price. I have the 2nd edition in my possession but I was always sad about not having the 3rd edition until now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    I just placed my order. Thanks for letting us know about the discounted price. I have the 2nd edition in my possession but I was always sad about not having the 3rd edition until now :-)
    I've been in the same boat but with the first edition. For some books, editions may not matter, but for BJA I hear there's been plenty of additions (intended pun) with each edition.

If you have only the first edition, you quite literally have less than half of the book.

Don

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234