See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Settling the "Which count?" arguments

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Yopp-Secret 572 View Post
    Finally!!! Some positive outlooks. Good thing I didn't quit lol. Thanks
    Yeah quitting is never an option for success.....changing direction, sure.......giving up.....not so much.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
    Yeah quitting is never an option for success.....changing direction, sure.......giving up.....not so much.
    See now, WE miss this. We all need these little 'pearls' more often.

Keep it up Yopp. I'd recommend switching to a balanced count, although I do know of a player with moderate success using KO. Nevertheless, having good deck estimation is an important skill for learning more advanced techniques later on (tracking), which is why I use a balanced count.

Fwiw, as I mentioned before, I know tons of APs using simple Hi Lo with huge success stories to tell, red chip- black chip.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm of the opinion that the even the extra time spent to learn a more complex count could be used towards table time/scouting, which in it of yourself gives immediate gains vs spending more time practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterhoudini View Post
    Can we also have an idea of your level of play T3 for comparison? I'm assuming we're talking max bets in the Purple/orange chip level or greater.
    HA!
    Sorry M... just couldnt help laughing...
    Your post was so good to the point that it bothers me it wasn't me who wrote it.

Thanks BJarg, I'm glad someone understands where I'm coming from. I was pretty much laughing as well. It boils down to which count gets the money, period.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Masterhoudini View Post
    Fwiw, as I mentioned before, I know tons of APs using simple Hi Lo with huge success stories to tell, red chip- black chip.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm of the opinion that the even the extra time spent to learn a more complex count could be used towards table time/scouting, which in it of yourself gives immediate gains vs spending more time practicing.
    No, you are not in the minority, MasterH. Most of those of us that play professionally or even semi-professionally, but seriously, know or know of many other successful players that also play seriously and the majority of them play Hi-lo.

That is one of the things that always frustrates me about this debate. Usually those other players don't want to be bothered weighing in, when there opinion would carry some weight. And when they don't weigh in, then this small minority that wants to use the super-duper, level 4.5 alpha mega count, takes over and screams the loudest and the newer players end up walking down the wrong road and off a cliff. Frutsrates the hell out of me.

BTW, I don't think I ever got the chance to welcome you either here or at WoV, although I did lobby for one of the mods over there to look into and remedy that early situation with you, which obviously was some kind of mistake.

YOPP, earlier today, you declared yourself a legend (in jest). I don't know about that, but you have managed to get the attention of some big names in the community whether you know it or not. That makes you at least pretty lucky as compared to many newbs. Try to take advantage of that.

Also, I thank you for pointing out that Eliot and Bill Zender have teamed up. I did not know that. I am not sure what to think of that. I have great respect for one and little for the other. I wonder if that's a one time thing or some type of permanent partnership. Anyone?
    Last edited by KJ; 07-01-2015 at 05:13 PM.

MasterH, I tried the Red7 for a little over a week and I won while using it, but now I have been learning Hi OPT2 seems to be good from how little I know so far. But thanks again, and as soon as I am ready. I will keep everyone posted as to the SUCCESS.
    As for Tthree, I sure wish I could screen shot emails and post them here. It bothers me that continually make assumptions, then don't have the ***** to hold on to them when called out on it. You can think what you like, but I know why and that's all that matters. I can and will say this, I would never take advantage of anyone's personal information or their trust. Now, enough said on that subject, I have a count to learn.

What kind of games are you playing YOP? DD or shoe primarily? Hiopt2 is very good for DD but only when used in conjunction with ace side count. If you're playing the shoe, I'd say HILo is enough- it gets the money for shoe, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Also, I thank you for pointing out that Eliot and Bill Zender have teamed up.
    I think it's a smart business decision on their part.
    Zman is a people person, well-respected and trusted by most.
    Jacobsen is despised by many, but knows his math.
    So, the two together make a good team, with Zman doing all the talking and Jman doing the number crunching in a basement somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Yopp-Secret 572 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where to get index changes for different rules?
    Do you have CVCX or CVData?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

T3, a question.

Heads up, ASM, how many hands per hour playing with a fast dealer?. Can u keep up with the extrapolation with a lightning fast dealer.

Banned or Suspended

T3....look what you just did.

MasterH asked what level you play and what your real life experience and results were to justify the way you talk down to us and explain to us all just how smart you are every chance you get, and your response was to write another long post telling us how smart you are. I tried to point that out a couple months ago, that your actual experience and results didn't seem to meet the level required for you to be posting as if you have had a lifetime of success in the blackjack field and I looked like the bully for picking on you.

I, personally don't mind if you are smart and I guess you are. I figure every single person on the site is smarter than me, so I am use to and completely ok with that. But I think what is evident from this thread is that I am not alone in being tired of you constantly telling us how smart you are, as if you have some sort of track record of great success to back up all these words of expertise, when it doesn't appear that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    ...I only want to average all the situations where count 1 is +5 and count 2 is +8 or, in another way of expressing the same count, the playing count is -3 and the balanced side count is +8. All other situations that add to a 1.0 BC combined count of +5 are not our current situation. That is count pairs with count 1 the playing count and count 2 the balanced side count ... (-8,+13), (-7,+12), (-6,+11), (-5,+10), (-4,+9), ,(-2,+7), (-1,+6), (0,+5), (+1,+4), (+2,+3)... All we are concerned about is the advantage for (-3,+8)....

huh?...sounds mistake free to me

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast