See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: First Team Effort

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstreets7087 View Post
    My profit: $1800.00 + $1000.00 commission from 2 players ($500.00 ea.) Total profit = $2800.00
    Player 1 Profit: $12,000.00 - $500.00 commission = $11,500.00
    Player 2 Profit: $10,200.00 - $500.00 commission = $9,700.00
    You showed them counting works. They spread 100-1000 you spread 100-800. They both won 5 figures each and you won $1800. If one won $5K on your max bets they would pay you $500. That means they were 5 max bets (5K) up on your max bet rounds and you were 2.25 max bets up total. Yeah, you showed them how good card counting works. I am sure they thought that lesson was worth $500 each. LOL

High rollers make proposition bets with one another all the time over just about anything. That's all that was going on here.

Blog Entries

Had to clean up this thread a bit. Please keep it polite and realize that circumstances differ.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    You showed them counting works. They spread 100-1000 you spread 100-800. They both won 5 figures each and you won $1800. If one won $5K on your max bets they would pay you $500. That means they were 5 max bets (5K) up on your max bet rounds and you were 2.25 max bets up total. Yeah, you showed them how good card counting works. I am sure they thought that lesson was worth $500 each. LOL
    For some reason it's just so difficult to get this point across. They aren't interested in cared counting. They don't care. They weren't looking for lessons. They were wagering on whether or not it would have any effect at all. They had to wait 3 shoes for it, but they got to see the dealer bust 4 times in a row with their $1000 bets. My one buddy had aces to split on one of the hands and my other buddy had two double down oppotunities. Did counting make them win? Statistics say it certainly helped but it could definitely go the other way. That's all it was. I for one needed those four wins because I was down. They only gave me the purple chips because they said they would. They still don't really put much value into counting.

Quote Originally Posted by zergy View Post
    If they were betting like this (and even if they weren't), how can you take any credit for the win? This is a short amount of time to play, and looks to have very little to do with counting or any type of advantage play. I hope you understand that your friends would have been better off not making this deal. And I hope you didn't "sell" this play as something that makes them more likely to win.
    In a true team play situation, why do you designate a person to sit down at the table after given a signal and have them max bet?

In a true team play situation, why do you designate a person to sit down at the table after given a signal and have them max bet?
    You clearly didn't understand zergy's post.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    You clearly didn't understand zergy's post.
    No I get it. I didn't sell counting as a magic bullet. I just want people to admit there is a short term expectation to advantage play. There has to be otherwise there wouldn't be a point to ramping your bet.

Banned or Suspended

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I just want people to admit there is a short term expectation to advantage play. There has to be otherwise there wouldn't be a point to ramping your bet.
    Exactly 100%, 180 degree wrong.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I just want people to admit there is a short term expectation to advantage play.
    Yes the short term expectation is at the end of the shoe your shoe results will be between -740 and +840 about 68% of the time. It is only in the long run that an advantage is realized. The short run is just variance.

Blog Entries

I just want people to admit there is a short term expectation to advantage play. There has to be otherwise there wouldn't be a point to ramping your bet.
    The short-term expectation and the long-term expectation are the same (given adequate bankroll). The odds that that expectation will be realized in the short-term are very, very small. APs play for the long term.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

H. L. Mencken
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    seriously???...this statement is PRECISELY why YOU are missing the point...laughable
    I see no need to respond to any of your future queries. You appear to be hopeless.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    They know how to play. They play often and play perfect basic strategy.

It has been my observation that the more disposable income an individual has, the less interested they are in learning counting strategy.

They are friends of mine and we went together. They know I count, but don't really know what that means in terms of my play. So, I told them if they see me make a bet of $800 or more, they are free to make whatever they feel is their max bet. They told me if at least $5K in their profits were from max bets based on my play, they would each give me a purple chip.

They played like many high rollers do. Bets all over the place, but they were consistent in betting their personal max whenever I did. So, I got 2 purple chips out of it and they were happy. Not conventional team play, but I seized an opportunity to make some additional money to keep my bank roll moving.

Okay, well I think everyone has already made a point about this commission thing, so I won't get into that.

What I don't really understand is how you were able to make $800 bets with a $2000 session bankroll??????

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Avincow View Post
    Okay, well I think everyone has already made a point about this commission thing, so I won't get into that.

What I don't really understand is how you were able to make $800 bets with a $2000 session bankroll??????
    I brought up this point much earlier in the thread, but there was no response.

Hopefully, the $2000 was just what he put on the table, with more playing BR in his pocket. But of course the real concern is overbetting and unrealistic expectations concerning chances of winning in max bet situations. This entire thread has only re-inforced those concerns. I sincerely hope everyone was able to make an impression on the OP concerning this.
    Last edited by KJ; 06-24-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast