See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Win Loss distributions?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Win Loss distributions?

How do I find the win/loss distributions in blackjack? I'd like to figure out the chance of losing 1, 2, 3, or 4 bets, a push, or winning 1, 2, 3, or 4 bets. I'm referring to a single deck, DAS, D10, no LS, 1:1 BJ, split once (max 2 hands), S17, shuffle every round game. I don't care how "bad" this game is nor the House Edge (so please don't lecture me about that). I only care about the win/loss distributions.

For example, I get 8,8 vs 6, I split, catch a 2 and double on the first hand end with 17, get a T on the second hand for 18, dealer pulls a 21...I've lost 3 bets in that hand.

Is there a way for me to figure out the win/loss # of bets distribution? Or is this info available somewhere? Or does anyone know what they are? [I don't need completely precise figures.]
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I've tried searching....most things I'm finding are things like standard deviation, win rates for counting (ie: 1.5% edge with 1-10 spread)....and I'm not even sure what to be searching for, other than "blackjack win loss distributions". ??

I looked through the table of contents on Norm's free book webpage, and I'm not finding anything that looks similar to what I'm looking for. :frowny face:
    Last edited by RS; 06-22-2015 at 03:52 AM.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    I missed your distinction of losing number of bets and not hands. I doubt a search would find that out. number of hands yes (I found that rather quickly) but bets no.
    Correct. Something like the following:

-4 bets: 1%
    -3 bets: 3%
    -2 bets: 6%
    -1 bet: 37%
    push: 9%
    +1 bet: 30%
    +2 bets: 8%
    +3 bets: 4%
    +4 bets: 2%

( I just made up random numbers there. )

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    -4 0.005%
    -3 0.11%
    -2 3.2%
    -1 46%
    0 6.9%
    1 39%
    2 4.6%
    3 0.16%
    4 0.15%
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Unusually low number of pushes, no? Especially when considering that splitting a pair and winning one and losing one would go into that category.

Don

Blog Entries

Then again, splitting and pushing on one of the hands will not be a push and splitting and winning one and losing the other will not be a push if one is doubled. Also, when you split, it is more common to win or lose both than win one and lose the other.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    -4 0.005%
    -3 0.11%
    -2 3.2%
    -1 46%
    0 6.9%
    1 39%
    2 4.6%
    3 0.16%
    4 0.15%
    Thank you very much norm.

How much do these figures change based on rules and decks? Is there a significant difference between s17 and h17, SD and DD or even 6D, D10 vs DA2...?

Blog Entries

Don't know. Don't have the time to look.