See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: CVCX versus CVData multiple hand results

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX versus CVData multiple hand results

As I have mentioned else where, I have been running some side bet simulations. At first I was trying to create a baseline sim that hand a SCORE of 0 but I found that I was just stumbling around in the dark and ended up slowly gravitating to my actual play.

However, I noticed that the results given by CVData were quite different from the ones I generated from CVCX. I remember something mentioning that multiple hand play in CVCX is a bit of an estimate, however the results were very different. I am not sure if the difference in my results come from not setting an accurate configuration in either software or if it comes from CVCXs post-sim methodology.

To give an idea, for the CVData sim, the decrease in hourly was about 37% and about 25% in SCORE. I would think that CVCX would be accurate enough, since the sim I was comparing to the CVData one was run for about 8 billion rounds.

Norm, or anyone else, do you think you can shed some light on what kind of discrepancies I might expect if I accurately set all the inputs and settings for my simulations? The spread is from 1-20, two hands at +2 and up, and the betting strategy was from the simplified rational bets given by CVCX.

Blog Entries

Is the betting exactly the same?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Is the betting exactly the same?
    I thought it was, but I think I have found the culprit. I must have accidentally changed the betting strategy I was using by reducing the true count range and thus the total ramp (reduced the range to +4 which cut the spread down to 1-10). I will keep this thread posted on whether or not the new simulation results are close to my CVCX ones.

However, just for future reference what kind of difference can I expect from CVCX multiple hand results and CVData? I'm sure this depends on the number of simulations but is there anything in the manuals that give you a rough idea for the uncertainty of your results? or is this something you have to infer yourself based on your own data and multiple sims?

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    To match results as well as possible, hit the Call CVCX button in CVData and that will optimize the bets.

The accuracy of the estimate depends on rather a lot of variables. I have no rule of thumb.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse