See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bankroll investor

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    He wasn't referring to me either.

Banned or Suspended

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    He wasn't referring to me either.
    Debating YOU is just mentally fatiguing. You have to sift through paragraphs and paragraphs of data and number and try to figure out if you really even said anything. It's like mental masturbation.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    It's like mental masturbation.
    Thank you KJ. Come again soon.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Thank you KJ. Come again soon.
    I always do....multiple times daily. Ummm....we're talking about visiting this site right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstreets7087 View Post
    I recently accepted an outside investment into my bankroll. The terms are that they own 25% of my bankroll and there is a 25% royalty on my session winnings until equal to the amount of the original investment. Then the royalty goes away. They can cash out anytime they like for 25% of the total bankroll or I can buy them out for the same terms as the majority share holder.

Has anyone else ever done this? The reason I did it was to finally get away from the $25 tables and get into the high roller room. I needed my bankroll to hit a certain level before I made the move to protect myself from disaster. I also know this investor extremely well and they aren't interested in learning blackjack for profit. Well they aren't interested in blackjack but are interested in the profit part.

today was was the first day playing with this investment. They made a couple hundred in royalty and gained some bucks on the investment. So far so good.

Today happened to to be a very good day. I hit two shoes with a great count. On Sunday's there is a guy that I sit down with a lot. Really nice guy. Pretty sure he's not a counter because he flat bets all the time. Never deviates. He has his ups and downs. While the count was getting really good he said, "boy the dealer sure is busting out a lot." I said, "Yeah. Weird right?" As I jammed in $400 on a hand that I doubled down on for an $800 win. It was a cool moment.

It all sounds too fishy to me.

LOL! Love ya!

Don

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "While the count was getting really good he said, 'boy the dealer sure is busting out a lot.' I said, 'Yeah. Weird right?'"

You realize that it WAS weird, right, and that, when the count is high, the dealer busts less frequently than at neutral counts?

Don
    But those percentages are misleading. The reason the dealer busts less at a high count is because of the number of pat hands. When he has a stiff showing, the dealer busts more at a high count.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    Oh boy. I've always thought you to be a pretty humble, down to earth guy that would be fun to hang out with, go hiking or something. BUT, now you are referring to yourself in the third person? Mcallister3200 doesn't like KJ referring to KJ in the third person.
    Geez, M3200. It was done for effect. "George doesn't like spicy foods!" (Seinfeld quote, where George uses third person).

Ok, I promise not to use third person, while hiking through Red Rock. Well....maybe a "KJ's tired and needs some water".
    Last edited by KJ; 05-18-2015 at 10:14 AM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This whole thing seems like a bad idea. Why would anyone want to play in the high roller room. The money is on the main floor where no one gives a shit and you can play for hours day after day. Now you got pit bosses breathing down your neck. How long do you think you will last here? Plus you're splitting profits. You can make more money playing lowers stakes where you get 100% profit.

Hey, Cloud!

Best of luck on your new effort! I'm eager to hear how it goes in the HL rooms and with your "silent partner." I don't understand the arrangement but I'm sure you've worked out the details and have a high level of confidence in this person or you wouldn't have teamed up with him/her. I hope you will keep us posted as best you can. It should be very interesting. (My experience with partners has been mixed.)

If you haven't already, you might enjoy reading "Burning the Tables in Vegas" by Ian Andersen because he is a HR and played in the HL rooms all the time. You might find it interesting, if not useful.

Take Care!
    SiMi

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstreets7087 View Post
    I recently accepted an outside investment into my bankroll. The terms are that they own 25% of my bankroll and there is a 25% royalty on my session winnings until equal to the amount of the original investment. Then the royalty goes away. They can cash out anytime they like for 25% of the total bankroll or I can buy them out for the same terms as the majority share holder.
    Do not enough information to have a real opinion. The royalty is just on winning session? What about losing sessions? How big is the bank? How big was the investment as a percent of the bank (25%?). What level of risk are you playing on? If playing correctly you should win about 60% of the sessions and lose about 40%.

If they are not participating in the losing sessions (other than their bank) then they will own you. What happens with a win one, lose one, over and over scenario?

Happy to share an opinion if I know all the facts, but if this is already in motion all I could offer is buyers remorse!

You really need positive variance out the gate!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

"Do not enough information to have a real opinion."

This is more concise, too!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "Do not enough information to have a real opinion."

This is more concise, too!

Don
    Thanks Don, I will be more careful throwing rocks from my glass house.

Usually get wife to proof my work and she will tell you proofing is necessary.

Stealth
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast