See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Think I screwed up a few minutes ago...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Think I screwed up a few minutes ago...

Count was TC+3/4 in a DD game when I had a $125 bet out. Received a pair of 9s' against a 9, split it, received an 8 on the first for 17 and a 2 on the second, doubled and lost when I received a 6 for another 17 and I lost $375 when, as expected, the dealer pulls out a 10 for 19.

now, I am wondering if splitting was a mistake. In any case, losing session today, lost $775.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Splitting was the correct play. Split 99 vs 2-6, and 8 and 9. In higher counts you also split 99 vs 7 and A. So at a high count the only card you do not split 99 against is a ten. Split 99 v 7 and A at +3 (ev maximizing) although you may want to hold off splitting 99 v 7 until +5 (risk adverse index). It's important not to judge a gamble by it's result. Losing sessions are an important part of being a good gambler. Once you are stuck, especially in a marginal game like card counting, it's great to take a break and do some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Splitting was the correct play. Split 99 vs 2-6, and 8 and 9. In higher counts you also split 99 vs 7 and A. So at a high count the only card you do not split 99 against is a ten. Split 99 v 7 and A at +3 (ev maximizing) although you may want to hold off splitting 99 v 7 until +5 (risk adverse index). It's important not to judge a gamble by it's result. Losing sessions are an important part of being a good gambler. Once you are stuck, especially in a marginal game like card counting, it's great to take a break and do some other stuff.
    Thank you !! Makes me feel better knowing I did not make the wrong play.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Count was TC+3/4 in a DD game when I had a $125 bet out. Received a pair of 9s' against a 9, split it, received an 8 on the first for 17 and a 2 on the second, doubled and lost when I received a 6 for another 17 and I lost $375 when, as expected, the dealer pulls out a 10 for 19.

now, I am wondering if splitting was a mistake. In any case, losing session today, lost $775.

Let's see. 9/9 v 9. +3/4 TC ... We're assuming the dealer has a 10 under per the TC, right?

BS says to split. If it were me I would like to break even [ OR ] get action by splitting and receiving an A,2,9 or 10 opposed to staying and getting my big bet taken by being ignorant to the game of BJ..

I can't believe you asked this question.
    Last edited by Orangechip2; 04-21-2015 at 05:53 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangechip2 View Post
    I can't believe you asked this question.
    Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Get used to it.

I-yi-yiiiiiii....

I have to read more of this kids posts.. He clearly should have surrendered.
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

Zee, I think you should post this over at GC.

This play really depends on what kind of hand/bet the player next to you has. In most cases you should split.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

I care not what the guy next to me has. I split 100% of the time cause thats the correct play.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Muckz you forgot to include your irony smiley.

Why would you even ask? That begs the question -- do you know basic strategy? Do you know your indices?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Zee, I think you should post this over at GC.

"If the dealer says we are going another round and my first hand was 20 and the count is still extremely positive then I'm going to stand with likely an overall push for the two hands...and take my chances on getting a blackjack with two more large bets out on the next round."

Wrong decision. Poor logic. First of all, your first hand has NOTHING to do with how you play the second one. But, when you stand on your 18 v. 9, your negative e.v. is 19%. When you split, it's just under 11%. So, you're giving up 8% for a chance to play another round of two hands, at TC = +4, which is not even a 2% edge (x 2 = +4%). So, you're giving up 8% on this hand for a chance at 4% next round. Bzz. Wrong!

Don

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast