See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Looking to join a Professional Blackjack Team!!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoter175 View Post
    If you're going to join the military, do it for a "good" reason, not because right now its a better pay grade, that's honestly the worst deciding factor you could ever make.
    Correct!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    I don't go "looking" for potential teammates. I have one teammate or partner. Most of that partnership revolves around our machine play opportunities, which he handles. There are some limited opportunities that we do as far as blackjack, my own unique version of the player call in, which we reserve for mostly out of town and a couple other things that I won't get into. For the most part, I still consider myself a solo counter. My solo play is going to be the largest part of my total EV and results.

I did train a second housemate last year and was prepared to take him on as a teammate and get into a little more of the playing separately, combined BR, combined EV approach, but he bailed before we got very far along. I am also currently working with my younger brother, and although I have again offered him a teammate type deal, he eventually wants to go off on his own as a solo player when he is ready. I offered both these last two a 'teammate' (and I think a pretty good) opportunity, more out of friendship than any desire I have to get more into team type play.
    I remember when you were training your poker playing housemate and I also remember that he chose to go a different route from the way you described the ordeal. So how is your brother taking to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Biggest issue right now for my brother is that he gets real nervous about putting out the big bets.
    You must be very willing to put big bets out and understand tat you better not be making mistakes that could mean you are putting them out at the wrong time. When I am betting a very unusual deck composition that happens in frequencies of thousandths of a percent that has me betting much much heavier or lighter than the linear approach would have me bet I always worry that I made a mistake. I watch for the barrage of cards expected to hit by the imbalance to ease my concerns before the cut card comes out. If they don't it doesn't mean they aren't behind the cut card. Almost always they start showing up in like crazy. I know I have to trust my ability to count without mistakes. If I can't trust that ability I shouldn't be playing. Your brother needs to realize he must either trust his abilities or practice more or leave the table if he suspects a counting error has occurred.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910