See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rude Dealer Comments

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    The idea is you don't want to lose all 3 bets. If you insure strong hands you will probably win the hands if you lose insurance. With no other knowledge of the cards other than the strength of your hand it actually make sense. You probably shouldn't insure no matter what but if you are going to anyway insure hands you are likely to win if you lose your insurance bet. Of course you had other knowledge of the cards.
    Or insure your losing hands, that way you actually have a chance at winning (or....pushing).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I love how the title of this thread is "Rude Dealer Comments" and then page 7 is Tthree all like "Fucking math and insurance and practicality and more math..." ahhahahaha - even RollingStoned is not immune - you guys are MY kind of monsters.

The word Aldous Huxley used to describe Isaac Newton - that's how I mean it you beautiful, terrible things.

(And where do you guys play where Insurance is even a big deal - surely you must not be kneeling at the Church of the One True Deck) Insurance is for Willy Lowman, ...man.)

What people don't understand is rude people (dealers) are energy vampires. They say something - you react - they get your energy.
    Easy.

Why I LOVE these kind of people is become i am a WAY MORE POWERFUL energy vampire and then I don't feel bad about draining someone's energy if they are getting other people's energy by being a dick.
    If a dealer gets any kind of way with me I will just smile inwardly, dig in my bag of tricks for what seems most interesting and effective - and proceed to unburden them of their lifeforce until they are relieved by another dealer - left both bewildered and perplexed at their lack of energy and the corresponding gleam in my eye and sincereness of smile.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    With no other knowledge of the cards other than the strength of your hand it actually make sense.
    Actually had one dealer come up with composition based insurance guidelines, all by himself. He'd noticed over the course of many years that if all the players had 6/5, 7/4, 8/3, etc... that he likely had a 10 under his ace.
    May the cards fall in your favor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345