Hey Nikky!

First of all, please don't feel I am criticizing you, OK? It's just a chat and my humble opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Skull21 View Post
And what is the relation of TKO and COB anyway?
That was a silly question, sorry for that. I have COB and I bought it because I wanted to improve REKO and I guess I read it so focused in the bet ramp that I skipped every time he said "TKO". Actually, I thought the real TKO was a different count, one that did the entire true count calculation like a normal balanced count. But, anyway, the truth is that COB is just a shortcut for true counting, isn't it? I don't see much of a difference from actual true counting (the "eureka" he mentions in the book), because you have to estimate decks remaining AND memorize the RCs. In truth, and I just learned that, that's pretty much what you do when true counting. Right after I begin playing a shoe I know I need a RC of at least +10 to increase bets (TC +2 with 5 decks remaining), then +8 (TC+2 with 4 decks remaining), then +6, etc... Of course, larger variations of RC will demand a higher increase, but you know you need at least a RC of +9 when there are 3 decks remaining to jump your bets, etc... The truth is that true counting, at least when estimating to full decks, is much easier than I thought. And I believe it makes it easier to tweak your bet ramp in order to use cover. But, again, I have not given much thought to COB, so you have probably figured out good enough ways to tweak COB's bet ramp to match your personal taste, I am sure. Well, sorry for digressing so much from the OP....

Best of luck Nikky!