See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question about win rates with wonging

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

question about win rates with wonging

So I am getting ready to start playing again by the end of this month, early next month. I am going to wong out at shoe games at -1 (instead of -3 like I did before) Since I will be playing less hands how does that effect the win rate. An example of this would be at a hundred rounds on cvcx the ev would be about 120, does that mean physically playing 100 rounds without wonging or is that playing some rounds and "observing" the other rounds which would total 100 rounds.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated it as I am trying to accurately figure out my win rate per 100, thanks!

I think that the CVCX wonging rounds are rounds observed.

Wonging increases your winrate (duh, or we wouldn't do it!).

i know it increases the win rate but i didn't know if it is rounds observered or total round of actual play.

thanks buddy as always

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    you can tell it's rounds observed because if you use a play-all spread of 50-1 and then compare that to a wonging spread your win rates and N0 are not very different. The biggest reason for wonging it time savings and opportunity costs. You will get more big count shoes per hour table hopping than you will play-all even if your spread is massive. Your highest win rate comes from combining table hopping and massive spreads...of course this also generates massive heat if you don't do it with some tact.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have done some extensive Wonging. In fact, I still do quite a bit of Wonging. I use CVCX to give me the answers that I need. Under betting you'll see a rounds/hr which is 100. These are observed rounds. If you click the backcount tab it shows the % of rounds played. Mine is around 15% since I wong into a shoe game at around a HiLo TC of +2. Now this assumes that you never leave the table that you're backcounting. You can do much better than this by roving. In my case I usually find around 20-22 profitable rounds to play.
    Hope this helps.

wouldn't it make more sense to wong in @ TC +1 since the player often has an advantage at this point under most rule sets? on the other hand you may be able to back count two tables @ the same time by prolonging your wong in point, something you can't do when you're sitting @ the table

Banned

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Wonging is plainly stupid. First of all you are not allowed to bet in the middle of the deck per rules. Secondly, You will look suspicious and you will be reported in Surveillance and your face posted in data stream as SAR (suspicious activity report). Just pull a chair and start betting the table minimum. Place your basic strategy chart on the table showing that you are just a beginner and start to count cards. To learn more about betting. Check: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Norm; 08-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.

Actually, to answer my own question, George probably uses a level 2 count and I use hilo so his TC +2 might be more equivalent to my TC +1 from a perspective of player advantage.

Blog Entries

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyOlaer View Post
    Wonging is plainly stupid. First of all you are not allowed to bet in the middle of the deck per rules. Secondly, You will look suspicious and you will be reported in Surveillance and your face posted in data stream as SAR (suspicious activity report). Just pull a chair and start betting the table minimum. Place your basic strategy chart on the table showing that you are just a beginner and start to count cards. To learn more about betting. Check: MannyOlaer.com
    I apologize for the apparent misunderstanding. My fault really. This is a forum about cats. You see, I have a British Bombay cat, which has jet black fur. We call her Blackjack and I named the forum after her. We can chat about cats if you wish. But, I don’t know anything about this “betting” stuff.

Blackcat-Lilith.jpg
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    wouldn't it make more sense to wong in @ TC +1 since the player often has an advantage at this point under most rule sets? on the other hand you may be able to back count two tables @ the same time by prolonging your wong in point, something you can't do when you're sitting @ the table
    Nowdays a TC of +1 is pretty much a break-even proposition with increased variance. I will however Wong a 2D game at a TC of +1. Actually any plus count.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast