Thread: "Zoning" Example

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

"Zoning" Example

I have often spoken of "Zoning" before playing serious BJ, it is not often we can see an example of this, "Zoning" happening before us, but now we can!! (One athletes way of puting themselves in the "Zone".)

Go to YouTube and enter Michelle Jenneke, Australian Hurdler.

This stunning creature, Michelle, is truly blessed by the Great Spirit, and has also given us one of the most beautiful celebration of life I have ever seen,,,she is truly in an altered state bordering on what must be ecstasy................

Ouchez
    Last edited by Ouchez; 07-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.

I don't know if I can concentrate if she was zoning next to me....
    OTOH, if this doesn't work out I can totally see her in a commercial for go daddy or Doritos....

+1

Good example of zoning Ouchez. Seemed like she knew she was going to win. If I were able to bet right before the race and saw that, would have bet big on her. Wonder if horses zone and what that would look like?

Of course sports are replete with examples of athletes getting in the zone, e.g., where a NBA can't miss from 3 at times, seems to happen in certain situations when the energy and excitement levels are up.

Even in the field of computer programming, its a commonly known phenomenon to be in the zone, where you can just write computer code effortlessly for hours on end where you lose all track of time, as opposed to my usual coding for 10 minutes in fits and starts, then going to a meeting, or going for a snack, or talking to your office mates and accomplishing nothing all day

As far as APing, its an interesting question. First of all counting is not that complex, so not sure if there really is a need to be in the zone. However I've often felt "in the zone" and as I mentioned before "the universe is balanced and everything is right with the world" on winning streaks. However, still not decided if I'm just feeling this way because I was winning, or because I felt in the zone so therefore I was winning. A question of cause and effect, kind of a pessimist and feel the former is more likely.
    Last edited by Gamblor; 07-21-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Timidity is dangerous: Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity.

Banned or Suspended

Huffington Post has the Vid of Michelle put to music, so cool, and she is truly a Heavenly Creature,,I can feel her charisma, powerfull.

Ouchez

It is unfortunate that she hasn't qualified for the Olympics