I have a question regarding your "Composition-Dependent Insurance Indices" which are posted in the archives. As we all know, the proper times to insure is simply a relation of what percent of the remaining cards are 10-value. Your indices attempt to correct for the fact that hi-lo counts aces and tens together. I don't question the validity of your calculations.

However, at the end you state: "It's also good cover when you're playing two hands." I take this to mean that you may insure one hand but not the other. Since insurance is a side bet unrelated to the play of the hand, I don't see the benefit in using your new indices to insure one hand but not the other. (I could get the same cover by simply insuring one hand at random any time the decision is borderline.) Your remark seemed to imply that it would be *correct* in some situations to just insure one of your hands, with cover being a side benefit. On the contrary, if I were using your indices I would simply average together the index for each of my hands and use that to determine my decision for both hands. I would appreciate some clarification as to what exactly you meant, as it has struck me as being rather odd each time that I read the post.