I wanted to perform some sims using available applications in order to determine changes in win rate and DI when selected plays in negative counts are included. My best guess as to an approach is simply to run a baseline sim and then run cases with a selected play turned on at some selected index.

I could use either SBA or CVData, but I thought I would start with CVCX and then refine specific sims if needed.

Part of this stems from DD''s archived March, 1999 post on bj21's Bet Sizing and Risk in which he refers to: "When play indecies are optimized for card eating ...".

I assumed that, in this case, "optimized" refered to maximizing the gain (e.g. win rate) from card eating due to a specific play for a specific game, betting ramp, departure point, etc. However, I'm not entirely sure what "optimized" means here, nor would I have a clue as to how to determine those indices except for the sort of trial and error approach I've mentioned.

My questions are: (1) Is the approach based on several sims reasonable? (2) Is there a better approach? (3)Although I know I haven't provided any context for the post I mentioned, can anyone help clarify what "optimized" may mean with respect to strategy plays and card eating.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and comments.