Introduction

As I pointed out in a prior post, this task won?t be easy. In the 1980?s one of my high roller buddies turned a borrowed $2K into a $1.7M profit over a four year time-frame. Another friend turned $30K into $1M in profits over the same time span and I took $10K and turned it into $400K. Outstanding games were all over Las Vegas, Reno, Bahamas and Atlantic City was playable too. Present day games are not as attractive, but there are many more venues to play so get your traveling shoes ready. Recently I ran into a couple of green chip players who made a good amount of money starting with a $7.5K bank. Player A over a 6 year time frame has made right at $400K and Player B $140K for 3 years of work. They however capped their big bets and I?ll cover that point later.

I?m going to fudge the start bank up to $5K. I don?t think any of you would have trouble raising this amount. I?d like to point out that this method is risky and probably not optimal. If the $5K is dear to you, don?t even think about trying this.

First off take the $5K and divide it by 50. This becomes your top bet which you?ll usually put out at a true count of 5 or 6 (HiLo). I?m assuming all of you have an understanding of counting cards. Now your top bet is $100 or two hands of $50. Covariance is not taken into consideration. Every time you gain 10 top bets you divide by 50 thus your new top bet becomes $120. If you lose 10 top bets your new top bet becomes $80. Wash, rinse and repeat. The key here is to religiously do this. No fudging allowed, period.

Much more to come........