Don is correct, you never get killed at a BJ table flat betting 1 chip at a time. It's only when the count is decidedly in your favor and you have your higher bets in the box. If during those times the dealer is finding that extra 4 or 5 when hitting 16 15 etc. This all going on while the count is plus a zillion. That determines what kind of night your having.
Which is what brings me to my question.

I was sitting In AC tonight, at a table (for Atlantic City) I have never seen better PEN levels.
They were hardly taking off a dcck in a 6 deck game. Much, Much better then I have always been used to their. Well needless to say I couldn't get arrested. This dealer and her replacement, were taking turns sticking pins in a little doll they were holding that locked like me.

Now, they were beating me up pretty bad, but I was looking around at the other tables and no one was operating with the kind of pen levels that were going on at the table I was getting murdered at.

So, I made a concious decision to stay at the table with the good pen, even though I was not doing well.

The other dealers were operating at 70%.
I alway feel that Pen is most important.

So did I do the right thing by staying at that table???????? Because she was cutting with the best pen.
Or, because she was killing me, should I have gone to another table or hotel and sacrafice the the PEN.

I always felt that the knowledge of deck substance was foremost. Well, I left fully beaten up tonight. Lost alot. Still up substantially for the year. It all comes out in the wash

Hollywood