(cross-post alert: this post is being posted simultaneously on Don?s Domain and on the TrackJack support forum)

Viktor has asked me to develop new penetration codes for TrackJack.

this is a thorny issue that personally i don't feel warrants much attention. never do i shop around in CBJN or TrackJack or BlackJack Forum for games with good penetration; just look at the rules set and do your own legwork finding deep cuts. depending on dealer, shift, day of the week, phase of the moon, etc, etc, you will find a wide variety of cuts regardless of what anyone reports. some want more precise codes; i can't help but think that by using more 'precision' , TrackJack (and its competitors) are doing a disservice to the readers.

but never mind all that. i will list some of the concerns that come to mind about penetration codes. please let me know if i've neglected anything. maybe we'll take an informal survey to see what most people want; i thoroughly expect that no matter what is decided, many people are going to be unhappy (how does that go... something about pleasing all the people?)

concerns:

penetration codes should be short. no more than three characters. the code needs to fit neatly on the TrackJack report page.

penetration codes should be able to report a range of cuts.

penetration codes should be able to map neatly onto the SCORE charts for when that addition to TrackJack functionality goes live.

the existing codes should be able to map onto the new codes for an easy mass conversion.

i?ve already come up with an idea of how TrackJack penetration codes should look. before i finalize that notion and pass it on to Viktor (and you) i wanted to solicit your collective thoughts and incorporate them into the final product.

thank you for your attention.