We had a discussion earlier on this board about tours of Hoover Dam. I can give a personal report: tours of the Dam are still alive and well, just not truly INSIDE the Dam. Instead, you are in a side diversion tunnel (where the Colorado River ran while they actually constructed the Dam), the generator room located in Nevada, and an exhibit hall overlooking the Dam. Cost was $11, I believe (I didn't pay, someone else did--I'm such a leach!).

If you are interested in how the Dam was constructed and want to see some technical stuff, then enjoy the tour. If you just want to be in awe of such a big human achievement, then save the $$$ and just park on the Arizona side (no charge) and walk on the Dam with your camera for numerous Kodak moments.

By the way, the US93 by-pass bridge is coming right along with many concrete supports sticking up above the Colorado River basin. They say it will be completed in 2008, but I have my doubts. I hope they do though, as traffic over the Dam is a congested nightmare!