Just back from a few days in town. Here's some observations:

Stayed downtown as usual. Took the bus from airport with 2 (small) bags, no hassle. A book to read on the way helps pass the time.

LVC & Plaza no longer offer DAS on DD games, but the pen continues to be the best using the cut card slot on the discard tray. Plaza took me for $100 in one shoe when the count jumped and I got all stiffys.

4Q has two $5 single-deck 3:2 tables going all the time. Spent mucho time there. More than made up for the Plaza.

Fitz no longer has $5 DD games, I only saw $10 minimums.

The Plaza has a 100-play 9/6 JOB video poker machine. I hit my first ever Royal Flush for 4000 pennies.

The best ongoing promo in town is WinChips - $15 in chips for $10. Made profit at Excalibur, Circus, and Slots-a-Fun. However I got creamed on my coupon run at Venetian, Riviera, and Lady Luck. Had better luck at the Strat - won craps, lost baccarat, and got paid 2-1/2 to 1 on the double BJ coupon.

LVC's Upper Deck restaurant now closes on Wed & Thurs nights to clean the kitchen fans, so you can't get the steak & eggs special.

The day bus trip to Laughlin is ok, but I would have liked more time there. Edgewater has only 6:5 games, but Pioneer still has 3:2 single-deck. $5 DD at Flamingo, Nugget, and River Palms.

The Royal in spades was up to over $3500 at the 4Q progressive .25 bar VP games.

I paid 1/2 price for two of my 9 meals, the rest were comped.

Overall I had a great time, and came home with enough to cover airfare, hotel, expenses, and a bit of profit. Woohoo!

Jay