I've recently learned HiOpt1 +/- 6 from Humble & Cooper's book and I keep an Ace side count. I Kelly bet 1 unit less than ace adjusted true counts of +3 with a 1:4 spread playing SD, DHS17, no DAS, Double Any.

I bought BlackJack Expert Palm (love it) and I've logged 11,038 hands losing 69 units with an overall accuracy of 97.9% and an index accuracy of 80.2%. I've switched to HiLo with an Ace side and I'm up 447 units in 8,030 hands using the HiOpt1 actions and indexes: overall accuracy of 98.3% and index accuracy of 87.4%. HiLo PE is worse than HiOpt1 yet I'm doing better with the hybrid system! Questions...

1) Would you guess my bad luck with HiOptI to be due to my inaccuracy, standard deviation, bet scaling, or combos of the above?
2) Do you know of any software that can simulate an ace side count? I've demo'd Blackjack Audit and can't make it do that. (I'd like to know Ace side Expectations.)
3) BC with HiLo is high to begin with. Does it make mathematical sense to adjust wagers using an Ace side count with HiLo or is it counterproductive?
4) Where can I get indexes specific to HiLo? (I bought (and read!) Griffin?s T.O.B.and 99.5% was over my head so please don't ask me to crunch my own indexes - I'm a highly educated mathematical idiot!)

Thanks - iaNac
ps. I?m a noob - hope this post isn?t inappropriately long.