Hi, I'm playing since a little short month only (to get an alternative to Roulette and Caribbean Stud....), I figure 50 hours total, but as I am fond of tables and calculations I studied and investigated BJ quite a bit in this time.

Just to help you size me (and your answers):
I have a degree in engineering
I was able to program in C, but last time it was over 10 yrs ago (under Win3.11...)
I remember something of statistics, so I can understand and even figure some basic combinatorial analysis offhand.
All I can commit to for my endeavours at present time tho, is what can fit inside an Excel sheet.

So.

I understood that EV, and thus BS table, could be exactly calculated with combinatorial analysis (forgive the evntually inappropriate terms, I'm not english born nor english schooled).
I stress "exactly".
I stress "calculated".
I stress "combinatorial".

Now I read on this site that many of your results rely on billion runs SIMULATIONS. Beg your pardon?

Is there something in BS that can't be exactly calculated? (I fear that Excel wouldn't do tho...).
Did I miss or overlook something?
Or maybe simulations are required to test and refine Betting Strategies based on Card Counting, while BS IS derived from exact calculations indeed?

Tell me I didn't start to build a castle on running sands... ;^)

TIA )