Hey,

Im a 23 yr old with no job and the only prospects are mcdonalds, shoprite, acme and anything else that pays under 8$ an hour. I stumbled into this world of Blackjack when I read an article by someone named Gene Palensar and found the entire life of BJ sorta interesting. I didn't go too deep into it, I just kept it in the back of my mind. As I was filling out the job applications for various places, something in my mind kept telling me there was "something better" out there than this crap ive gotten so used to. Honestly, im sick of $6.00 an hour and even sicker of people telling me to "wait until your college studies are over" to "get rich".

First off, I dont want to get rich. I am honestly looking for some way to make a bit over 7.50 and have some spending money in my pocket at the end of the day without having to work 50 freaking hours a week and getting screamed at by some moron boss. Im going back to community college soon hopefully, but its hard to work fulltime and do college anyhow, if I wasn't living at home having my parents help me, id have such a hard time doing anything at all.

I kept thinking about it might be possible to start with a very small bankroll and each day/twodays/session to hit the bj tables wherever and add a small amount over time. I am not looking to make big money because I know to make big money you have to start with big money. I am only looking for some alterntaive to the 7.50 an hour crap with a few less hours and maybe a bit more $$. I dont believe it is even possible for someone in my position to get rich gambling, I haven't even deluded myself into thinking that much. My question is Mr. Schlessinger, would it be possible for a 20 something student to make small amounts (300$) a week with a small starting bankroll? Im just looking for something besides flipping burgers. I am willing to read all the boooks out there, learn counting, methods of cover, whatever. Thanks.

-BlackKnight