I trust this is the place to ask my question given my esteemed company and hosts.

I have recently been studying the High-Low counting system as found in Stanford Wong's Professional Blackjack as I have memorized the basic strategy. I want to start learning the strategy deviations based on the count in earnest, but the numbers matrix seems a bit daunting, even for the values of -1 to +6 as Mr. Wong advises.

I hope not to confuse matters here, but I have found other books to be easier to understand and more conducive to learning. In particular I have studied the information in "Take the Money and Run" by Henry Tamburin.

In the advanced blackjack section near the end, he talks about how he had had difficulty with memorizing strategy deviation based on the count and had therefore started making mistakes until he had come across an article by Donald Schlesinger (published in The Blackjack Forum in September of 1986?)Tothebest of my knowledge this article delineated the so-called "Illustious 18" which makes up for roughly 80 percent of the total profit to be made when deviating from the basic strategy. Mr. Tamburin then goes on to list the index numbers and plays for corresponding count values such as: Stand on 16 vs. 10 at count +1 or higher, Hit at counts of 0 or lower.

Herein lies the descrepancy, to check the accuracy of these values and corresponding rules, I then went back to "Professional Blackjack" and found the values to be different usually differing by one with Stanford Wong's values being lower. I assume these differences to be significant. Are these values attribuatable to rounding, as Mr. Wong recommends to truncate count values?

I therefore have two questions, first is this list by Mr. Henry Tamburin (found in "Take the Money and Run") mostly representative of the "Illustrious 18"? If not are they found in Mr. Donald Schlesinger's book "Blackjack Attack"?

Secondly, which strategy numbers are correct?
Stand 16 v. 10 @ +1 or 0? ( But if at 0, then why does Basic strategy say to hit hard 16 vs. 10, isn't 0 count in the High-Low a neutral deck equivilent to first hand just after shuffle?)

What about:
Stand 16 v. 9 @ +6,
Stand 15 v. 10 @ +5,
Split 10's v. 5 @+6,
Split 10's v. 6 @ +5,
Double 10 v.10 @ +5,
Double 10 v. A @ +5 and
Double 11 v. A @ +2? Can I call these plays the "Elite Eight"?

Next:
Double 9 v. 2 @ +2,
Double 9 v. 7 @ +4?

I am very poor as I have never been able to play, but am willing to purchase "Blackjack Attack" if it is a good investment of my time and money. What would you say about this?

I would appreciate any comments on the above and provide my thanks in advance.