Folks,

I've been working out a "new BS" for the game described by Cicero in the thread below. However, I'm getting a "new BS" Player's Edge of 1.85%, which seems so high that I feel I'm not calculating the EV correctly.

I'm posting this in hopes of getting answers to these questions.

1. Using Cacarulo's numbers posted at bjmath for a 6D, S17, DA2, DAS, RSA=0, RSP=4 game (see link below), can someone describe how to calculate Cacarulo's reported BS EV of -0.402225%? I discovered that the main differences between these posted numbers and the values given in BJA3 are in the Frequencies. The posted Frequencies (called Probability on the webpage) are the probs BEFORE the dealer checks for BJ, while the Frequencies in BJA3 are for AFTER the dealer checks for BJ (according to the statement at the end of the first paragraph on page 392).

2. How will the BS EV change for Cicero's game, which is ENHC but with ES10?

3. Related to (2), why do my calculations show the following EV's for A,A vs. A: Stand=-0.770084, Hit=-0.325989, Double=-0.738224, Split=-0.223037; which implies that Splitting is the best option?

Once I get this figured out, I should be able to find the "new BS" for Cicero's weird game.

Thanks in advance!

Dog Hand