Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
I would like to clarify some points regarding the calculation of TC since there are several ways to do it.

There are three things to consider when performing the calculation:

1) Divisor of the TC: This means you can divide the RC by whole decks, half decks, or quarter decks. In CAC2, the division is done by whole decks.
2) How the remaining decks are estimated: It can be estimated to the nearest full deck, to the nearest half deck, to the nearest quarter deck, or to the exact card.
CAC2 estimates the remaining decks to the nearest half deck: 6, 5.5, 5, 4.5, 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1.
3) How the division is rounded: floored, truncated, rounded. CAC2 uses floored
First off, many congrats on developing such a wonderful system! I have bought it myself and am looking forward to start using it, but I’d like to clarify this point above. I have been using Norm's excellent FELT count, and I have always estimated remaining shoe games to the whole deck level with whole deck resolution - and I use flooring. The system was designed this way. In CAC2 do I have to estimate whole decks with half deck resolution in shoe games? I ask this as I have never been confident at estimating shoe games, especially 8 deckers, at half deck resolution.

In Norm's excellent Modern Blackjack book, he did an excellent sim estimating errors in deck estimation, and the conclusion I took away is you can be 10% wrong all the time with FELT and it makes a very small difference. If CAC2 absolutely requires half deck resolution for shoes to realize the increase in performance, I would like to know this. Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks in advance for your help!