Hi all,

I've now been using CVDATA and CVCX for a couple of months and have loved it, after finally getting the time to read through the entire manual of CVDATA I have the following questions, it would be great if Norm or anyone can chime in. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post, and if there's any questions where you feel it's outside the scope of this forum to answer (such as reference to side counts perhpas) please feel free to point me in the right direction for research / reading. Out of below it's the first point which really has me second guessing, I can't seem to get results which make any sense to me. Here goes-

1. I can’t seem to figure out how to correctly use the ‘Sessions’ tab and function in CVDATA. For example, using CVCX I used a Playing Strategy and derived a Betting Ramp using the ‘Custom Bets’ column with a 5K bankroll which gave me an 8.7 Risk of Ruin. Using CVDATA I started a Multi-Tracking sim, I used the same Playing Strategy, all the same playing rules, and created a Betting Strategy which perfectly mimicked what I had derived on CVCX, Wonging options were also set identical between CVCX and CVDATA. I ensured Unit Size under ‘Betting’ was correct ($5) and went to ‘Sessions’ under ‘Nuances’, here I typed ‘1000’ into starting bankroll (1000 units = $5,000), I also set session target to 1000, I selected ‘No maximum session length’ and ‘minimum session length’ set to ‘1’. I selected ‘shuffle after bankruptcy’. So if I understand this correctly I am asking the sim to tell me how many times I would profit 5K from a 5K starting bankroll using my betting and playing strategy, now CVCX had me at a ROR of 8.7% so I would be expecting to see that I lose my entire bankroll roughly 8% of the time given my goal is to double my bankroll, however after running the sim I received the following values. BANKROLL=5,000 TARGET=5,000 MAX ROUNDS=100 (even though set to ignore) SESSIONS=463,147 WON=99.85% LOST=0.15% PUSHED=0 HIT TRAGET=99.85% BANKRUPT-0.15%. I understand the 8.7% ROR isn’t based off doubling bankroll or going broke but only going broke 0.15% of times before doubling a 5K bankroll with an average bet size of $20 and a ROR of 8.7% seems too low? When I changed my TARGET to 10,000 units I totalled WON 30% and LOST 70% under the same conditions. The sessions data also seems to sometimes only record some seats and not others.
  2. I’ve noticed when running a CVDATA and CVCX sim with all the same parameters including betting strategy and playing strategy and rules, that some values come out slightly different, for example Win Rate and ROR. Obviously no two sims will get the exact same value, but do you have advice on which one would generally be more accurate? I would assume CVDATA as it has been run with a particular betting strategy whereas CVCX the betting ramp was adjusted AFTER the sim was run?
  3. My next question relates to ‘Multi-Parameter’ side count on the Index Generation, I don’t fully understand this. For starters there seems no way to select a ‘T or X’ only ‘A-9’ in the scroller. Now if I set ‘1’ in the scroller which I assume is ‘A’ and select to run it for HDD it gives me indexes of (0 for a 7 against a dealer 5) and (2 for an 11 against a dealer 5), are you able to give any guidance on how this is actually used?
  4. When selecting “last round bet’ under Advanced Betting Strategies option, I’m assuming you are selecting the number of cards prior to the point of where you have selected the cut card to be placed under Rules?
  5. When editing a Betting Strategy under ‘Last Hand” there are options for ‘count<pivot’ and ‘count>pivot’. What does this mean? I noticed the ‘pivot’ come up in a floating advantage table too.
  6. On page 65 of the Reference Manual when describing Hand Depth Won/Lost you say – “When using an effective strategy, the amount bet and won should increase as the depth increases”, however the value under ‘bets’ and ‘won‘ dramatically decrease on my sim ran, this is using a hi-low system which gave me a SCORE on CVCX of 39.40
  7. On the Dealer Totals chart in CVDATA sometimes when I run sims I get values of amount of times the dealer finished on hands lower than 17, it only happens sometimes and the only thing I changed between the sims was how many payers sat at the table. All my sims are run with no holecard European rules and no bonuses. For example it says the dealers upcard is a 2, and he finished on a total of 5 four times. How can he finish under 17 with no holecard and no bonuses forcing to draw a card after busts? The same table is showing that the dealer busted on a 10 double the amount of times he did on a 6, this just doesn’t seem right?
  8. In the Negative Bankroll Excursions table I’m unclear what the rows are reflecting. >50 hands? >50 sessions? Etc. For example under <50 it says 2,134,454, this can’t be saying the negative swing resulted in 2 million units under the previous high within 50 hands? In the reference manual the description doesn’t seem to match the table I’m getting.
  9. Can you advise me what is meant by “block size” and “block numbers” when viewing the Results Log?
  10. I don’t see ‘Bankroll Log’ under Tools even though I have Session Data and ‘keep a log’ selected. Only Results Log and Data Log
  11. I ran a Multi-Sim with two players, player one used a custom betting strategy and player two used the Flatt Betting strategy included. When viewing Hands Log it shows seat ONE and seat THREE, why not ONE and TWO? And the TC for seat three is consistently in the 20’s or 30’s. The TC for seat ONE seems accurate though.
  12. When I click on reports after running a sim I can select various reports however under “Players Reported” is blanked out and I can’t select any seats and therefore generate or print the reports.

Thanks for reading this far, looking forward to having a better understanding and getting more out of this software.

Duc.