Quote Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post
To lower expenses, I use room comps, camping in national forests, sleeping in my car, and bringing a cooler with foods from home. I eat lots of fresh, organic foods and take NMN, trans-resveratrol, and other supplements for health. I currently drive a Prius, which I paid cash for four years ago. It has 180,000 miles on it from blackjack travel. I just paid cash for a new Tesla, which will be my next blackjack car. My bankroll is over $200k now, which puts all of my games at 0.0% RoR. This minimizes the effect of variance. Blackjack is my "profession," but I do derive supplemental income from investments (including crypto).
The food issue is very important and it appears that you have that covered nicely. I would be concerned about security as in sleeping in the car with a substantial trip roll. I’m certainly hoping that shower and toilet facilities are nearby and easily accessible. Further, are there any negative legalities should cops knock on your window while you’re sleeping - firstly from a fine perspective and secondly the potential of civil asset forfeiture.

For myself, roughing it is a cheap motel which I prefer to bypass. Clean secure and reasonable accommodation (just me) or better type accommodation if my wife is with me. I try my best to ignore junk food and I’m usually aware of better restaurants within my area of travel. Also, accommodation must be central to my area of play. I’m not as young as I used to be and if I’m tired and need to nap - hotel room should be close by.

For you, it’s straight business and quantity of hours played would be a priority. You’re raising a family. I’m more interested in quality of hours. I like to be clean, (not necessarily well dressed) relaxed and rested. I want to play my A game. I fully understand that our priorities are different. I don’t look like a bum, have a roll that wouldn’t belong to a bum, don’t bet like a bum. Blackjack trips are not necessarily pure revenue generation. I have had some excellent family trips and played some blackjack as a cost reducer. These would include wife son and daughter in law in Vegas, eating well and shows like Jersey Boys, Phantom, and Michael Jackson (thought that one was lousy). Another trip to Vegas with my son again eating well and seeing shows. Another one fairly close to home with one of my boys and 2 grandsons. That was pre planned with amusement park type activities for the grandkids. My family rules are that I pick up all expenses. In reality, only about 95%. For humor sake with my son in Vegas, my wife insured an equitable division of expense. I 9nly had to worry about airfare, hotel car rental and most meals. My son was burdened with the IHOP breakfast.