Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
It's not the rules that have greatest effect on SCORE. It's the penetration.

You are doing lots of sims for lots of different scenarios. What makes more sense to me is look at the games you have access to, then sim those. If you have local games, that's where you should start. If you are making a trip, look at the games, go back to your hotel room, and run them on your laptop.

What you'll find, as you gain experience, is you can tell how good a game is, and how you should attack it, just by looking at it. Running hundreds of sims with all combinations of rules, game speed (another very important factor), number of players and penetration seems confusing and pointless.
Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
For a start, your local games. You should know house edge off the top. You know which dealers give good pen, which don’t. You should know right off the top of your head, minimal spread required to beat 4/6, 4.5/6, 5.0/6, 5.5/6. Then, with your knowledge of the house, be able to determine spread you can get away with.

Change your spreads shoe by shoe depending on cut.
Going off and continuing 21forme's suggested idea of simming your locals and with various combinations of conditions. Here's one crappy local I know.

H17, DAS, 6/8 deck pen, 1-16 spread: (4 players - I know 21forme said to check out all scenarios, but also said its pointless. So what # of players should I put then?)

%W/L = 0.550%
SCORE = 6.66

So what are the options to approach this in terms of do I play and is it worth my time and profitable? (Yes i know one answer could be I should find a better store lol)