Quote Originally Posted by Letangs View Post
But to wonging in, do I have to start a new shoe, waiting the count becomes positive?

Wong-in means entering a shoe which has started already, when the count is positive (and you have that information by back-counting, meaning counting as a spectator, not playing). Wong-out means leaving the shoe when the count isn't high enough for you to have an advantage over the game, not waiting until the end of the shoe and playing with a bad expectation).

To sum it up, the concept of "Wong in / Wong out" is pretty much to play ONLY when you have an advantage over the game.

Try to read some documentation (this site has loads) to get familiar with these terms and their concept (or best, read Stanford Wong's book "Professional Blackjack").

Hope I've been clear, English isn't my native language either.
You didn't answer the question, which was, when you Wong in, must you have started backcounting the shoe from the very beginning, right after the shuffle, or may you begin backcounting after the shoe has already begun (but near the beginning)?

And the answer, of course, is that, while the former is preferable, the latter is also acceptable, if you just mentally place the cards that you missed at the back of the shoe.

Don